Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Goo Goo Dolls – “Miracle Pill”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Uknown76

Don't like it. :-/

3. Me & My Arrow

John | Align in Time

It hurts me to say, because they are one of my favorite bands, but they now haven't put out a good song in 6 years and a great one in 13. This is just so, so bland. Co-writing is absolutely killing whatever is left of the band's appeal.

It makes no sense, because Rzeznik is an incredible songwriter and they've actually been less successful working with these producers to pander to mainstream pop/rock trends. Would love to hear what he'd come up with on his own, but I guess he's not interested in working that way anymore.

Uknown76 likes this.
  4. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I haven't liked an album from these guys since 2010. They've completely lost their charm.

5. failinginplace

Regular

the nasty way that their relationship with Mike Malinin dissolved really put a bad taste in my mouth. sadly im with the current consensus. this was hands down one of my favorite bands for years, decades even. my holy grail was getting Superstar Car Wash on vinyl and I knocked that out a couple of years ago. the only other vinyl i was desperately wanting was Gutterflower, and that ships in 3 weeks. but after that I think "Stay With You" was their last great song. everything else has just become washed up trash. and it sucks because there's a goo shaped hole in my life that won't get filled.

tradeoff being copeland and anberlin replaced them as my favorites, so, there's that :)