Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Goldfinger Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by tomtom94, Apr 30, 2020.

1. tomtom94

Trusted

Wikipedia writes:

Since 2016 the band has been effectively a pop-punk supergroup, with a core line-up consisting of bassist Mike Herrera (MxPx), guitarist Philip Sneed (ex-Story of the Year) and drummer Travis Barker (blink-182) alongside lead singer John Feldmann and guitarist Charlie Paulson. Barker's busy schedule means the band usually tours with a succession of touring drummers including Cyrus Bolooki (New Found Glory) and Nick Gross (Open Air Stereo, Find Your Grind). Their most recent album, the first with this line-up, was 2017's The Knife.

As they're doing some fun videos during the quarantine I figured people might want a thread to discuss. Or just reminisce about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. Whatever's cool.

2. abear182

Regular

I am really enjoying all the Quarantine content from Goldfinger and I wouldn't be a massive fan of them but I have to say The Knife was a fantastic album.

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

New song.

4. tomtom94

Trusted

I believe it's a cover of a Good Charlotte song, albeit one that featured Feldmann and Mest:

I hadn't heard it before yesterday though so I understand the confusion

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I've never listened to the greatest hits album haha. They also released a quarantine video of it.

6. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

This song’s almost 20 years old, they released it right after 9-11. It also has Good Charlotte & Mest on it, not a bad song. When I saw GC that Fall with Mest, they played it live

EDIT: After listening to it, it’s definitely a re-recorded version of the song

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  7. tomtom94

Trusted

Not gonna lie I'd be up for them re-recording many of their old songs with the new line-up

8. Kuri44

I don’t think I ever even knew Disconnection Notice existed. Just listened to Wasted, Ocean Size, Too Many Nights, and Behind The Mask, I Want, and Stalker all for the first time (haven’t checked out the others just yet). But goddamn, these songs are great. Gives me heavy American Hi-Fi (Hearts on Parade era), Head Automatica, Good Charlotte, Sugarcult, All American Rejects vibes. Surprised this wasn’t as big/popular as those. Ocean Size, Too Many Nights, and Stalker are my favorites

9. tomdelonge

Trusted

For some reason I listened to the Electric Love Hogs yesterday...

10. razorburn

Trusted

New single.

11. MRose24

Regular

Is travis still on drums for these new singles?

12. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Yes

MRose24 likes this.
  13. tomtom94

Trusted

Travis does drums (and I guess some of the production?) on records but only does specific live shows that fit his schedule.

MRose24 likes this.
  14. delvec19

Trusted

New album is out there

pbueddi likes this.
  15. pbueddi

Trusted

Im 4 tracks in and it’s not bad so far. Side note: kind of sad kingdom leaks is shutting down :(

16. delvec19

Trusted

Shit is it?? Is there any backup or alternative site?

17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I’ll be checking this out today!

pbueddi likes this.
  18. pbueddi

Trusted

No backup but they posted a list of some alternative sites. I guess the site owners just don’t have time for it anymore or whatnot.

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Made it halfway through before needing to stop bc of a meeting, but I like what I heard so far! I like that Mike has a some vocals on this thing!

pbueddi likes this.
  20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Lots of reggae and ska on this one and I’m all in. This one seems stronger front to back compared to the last album, which I like a lot.

-Production is a step up from the last album
    -the cheese factor seems dialed back
    -There’s no “Orthodontist Girl” lol
    -Mikes presence/vocals are everywhere and it makes me smile very hard

“The Best Life” and “Careful What You Wish For”:heart:

pbueddi likes this.
  21. hairtaylor

Regular Supporter

Here is a meditation inspired by Goldfinger’s Superman. Truly inspiring.

22. 333 GANG

ACAB

23. 333 GANG

ACAB

Really enjoying this so far

hairtaylor and Brodobaggins34 like this.
  24. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Same. I can't help but wish it came out over the summer. If that would have been the case, it would definitely be one of my most listened to albums of the year. Love hearing Mike singing now, too.

hairtaylor and 333 GANG like this.
  25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Maybe because it was 75 and sunny here, but the album was a perfect listen during my run yesterday. The album should age well into this coming summer.

Brodobaggins34 likes this.