Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Goldfinger Announce New Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 24, 2017.

1. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

I keep thinking of ways to contribute to this thread, and none of them are worthwhile.

so instead... new goldfinger= :thumbup:

2. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Hopefully this means a tour this Fall, and he is unavailable for blink.

jorbjorb likes this.
  3. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

Lol @ all these negative comments about his influence on Blink 182. Some people will just never be content with what they have. :sly:

joey-wan kenobi likes this.
  4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'm not content with mediocre music, you're right

ihaveblink, jorbjorb, Raku and 2 others like this.
  5. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

I'll always have a soft spot for Goldfinger. Outside of a couple songs, the last thing I liked from them was Open Your Eyes (and even that was a bit underwhelming), but Jason's comments have me excited.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  6. kiguel182

Regular

It seems I wasn't the only one that got Blink 182/California vibes out of this song lol

Dirty Sanchez and Raku like this.
  7. Eml182

Regular

This one?

Fox83 likes this.
  8. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

This lineup is pretty awesome. Shame that the original members don't get along anymore.

9. Jake Z

Regular

Intrigued by the lineup. Always been a very casual fan, mostly bc I've only heard a few songs. Will check this out.

10. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Being an old man myself I dig that stuff...i.e. new Descendents!!!

11. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Right?!? Personally, I think it's great...yeah a few duds but I actually like his fingerprints in the stuff...I like it! But I also don't nitpick production like some people. Either I like it or I don't...

12. StoJa9

Regular

SO what are the other guys in the band up to? Is the drummer in Angels & Airwaves? Charlie playing in another band? His guitar rips in Handjobs For Jesus are fuckign shredders.

13. LightsOut

Regular

Im wondering why "open your eyes" is not on spotify:/

14. Raku

Regular

Two duds on this album so far, which isn't good =/

Also I though people were joking about calling this a California reject song, but I guess I was wrong. It sounds very similar, and just as generic... I really hope there are better songs on this album, and I'm already missing the ska influence because of the two lame songs released so far.

15. There's probably 4 or so "duds" on there. (Milla, Knife, Deaf ... and I don't really like Orthodonitis Girl)

Which gives you about 9 really fun summer pop-punk-rock songs imo.

There are lots of horns.

16. DeRRek

Trusted

Really like the new song. Can't deny it's catchy. Haha. Now I have a dilemma as goldfinger are playing slam dunk this weekend. They clash with beartooth though haven't seen either live yet so I'm torn.

17. pbueddi

Trusted

i liked this one when it was released.

18. SpinelessYesBloke

Co-host of The Wasting Time Podcast

If someone had told me this in 1999 (and I include Feldmann in this), I would have been so excited, in the same way I am still at 34!

Jake Z likes this.
  19. Those kind of dilemmas are difficult lol. I suppose Beartooth are still starting as a band, so you'll have tons of opportunities to see them in the future. Goldfinger, I'm not sure, they don't tour that often right ?

DeRRek likes this.
  20. DeRRek

Trusted

True. That could swing it. Actually on my friend's stag do though so depends what he wants to do. Probably try and keep the group together as best as possible. Haha

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  21. This song is a jam. I like it.

22. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I'm looking forward to this

23. Great song btw, Feldmann knows how to write a catchy chorus. I get big Good Charlotte vibes.

SpinelessYesBloke likes this.
  24. StoJa9

Regular

This song does it for you but you're over in the Royal Blood thread shitting on them for what they do? LOL...don't bother replying. Nothing you will ever say will carry substance again.