Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Goldfinger – “Wallflower”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Goldfinger have shared the new single “Wallflower” and talked with AltPress about an upcoming album:

“Wallflower” came to be… I was at the end of writing this record, which I think we’re gonna call Don’t Look Back. We’re still in the process of deciding an album title. But I came to the end of it. And my manager, my wife and my label, these people were like, “You know, maybe we have something.” There are a couple of songs that people were considering. But I’m like, “Fuck it. If we’re not 100%, let me write a song specifically for the idea of a single.” Give the fucking people what they want—give me what I want. Because I am in a ska-punk band. No matter how you break it down: We play ska, we play punk and that’s what we do. I’m gonna write a quintessential half-time jumpy chorus.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

Raku likes this.
  2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I like the song. It’s fun and has some good hooks. Excited for comes next.

Raku and theasteriskera like this.
  3. Fun song, questionable artwork

palebluedot and Spencer Rhoton like this.
  4. Punkrocker

Wiping brings down the rainforest

The song is catchy. Good, not great. I hope the LP is as good as their last one which was a very pleasant surprise.

Anyone know if Travis, Phil, and Mike are playing on this and a part of the writing process?

theasteriskera and Raku like this.
  5. jeff.dart

Regular

I’m back on board with this band after their last album, which was really good.

6. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

It's in the linked article – yes.

Raku likes this.
  7. from the pr:
    This release also marks the official return of original guitarist Charlie Paulson to the band. Joining Feldmann, Mike Herrera and Philip Sneed, Goldfinger is gearing up to release even more music soon through Big Noise.

8. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Looks like a super lower quality version of the Space Vixen from their self-titled album. But I agree, the song is fun. I've been really enjoying their live quarantine videos too. Still seems so weird seeing Mike in this band but he fits right in.

9. You're right!

10. Punkrocker

Wiping brings down the rainforest

Whoops, shame on me. I somehow forgot there was also a link to read... I really enjoy them being a part of the band, so that's good news. I suppose Travis is too busy this time around.

Thanks both.

Raku likes this.
  11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Start reminded me of Here In Your Bedroom.

12. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

I thought I had heard something about it previously, but glad to see Charlie is officially back in.

BEsterley likes this.
  13. AMC

Regular

No more travis on drums?

14. 333 GANG

ACAB

I’m pretty sure Travis is still drumming on this.

15. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Love to see Herrera too. Nice song with a solid ska feel. Looking forward to this album.
    Yeah, the nips feel unnecessary here.

16. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

He's the studio drummer, but not a member of the band.

AMC likes this.