Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Godzilla Vs Kong (March 31, 2021) Movie • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Full Effect Ed, May 30, 2017.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

At least we'll get to stream this right away when it comes out in May

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

IIRC, WB only has about 20% stake in this film and Legendary paid for most of its production.

3. Yikes. I wonder if Legendary will push back on the simultaneous release strategy then.

4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yikes. I can only imagine the nightmare that causes legally. If WB controlled distribution and relegates it to streaming, when the production studio fronts the costs, are they obligated to give a percentage of the gains from the traffic? Curious if it’s a strategy to increase their own portfolio for distribution, but screw production studios out of costs, since they certainly purchased as WB studios, not the HBO Max subsidiary

5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Definitely a trailer coming soon with this tease.

6. flask

Trusted Supporter

Kong wearing a collar hmmmm

7. justin. Dec 6, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 6, 2020)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Looks like we’ve been bamboozled

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’m hearing that Legendary Entertainment either has or will send legal letters to Warner Bros as soon as today, challenging the decision to put the Denis Villenueve-directed Dune into the HBO Max deal, and maybe Godzilla vs Kongas well. On the latter, Legendary reportedly had Netflix ready to pull the film from Warner Bros for around $250 million, before WarnerMedia blocked it. Sources said Legendary had no advance notice before last week’s announcement that both Dune and Godzilla vs. Kong were part of the HBO Max plan.

Legendary certainly seems to have the right to challenge WarnerMedia on its decision: Legendary and its partners provided 75% of the $165 million or so net budget of Dune, the adaptation of the Frank Herbert novel that was envisioned to be the first of multiple films exploiting the six-novel series. It put up a similar amount of the funding on the Godzilla vs. Kong film.

Legendary Challenges WarnerMedia Over ‘Dune’ & Godzilla Vs. Kong’? – Deadline

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Crazy

soggytime likes this.
  10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I've gotten over my burn out and I'm onto Godzilla vs. Hedorah. Loving this one already, and I typically don't like a lot of the human stuff.

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

GvH isn’t bad but the fight is a bit anticlimactic. The film overall is a lot better than Gigan and Megalon.

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Just watched Gigan and very much have to agree. The movie was so damn even. No carnage until the third act. At least they packed it in, I guess.

13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

IMO, the only good film after AMA is Terror of Mechagodzilla. The first Mechagodzilla has good moments with King Caesar and GvK has some okay human bits here and there, but I can't find anything good about Gigan or Megalon. They are the armpits of the Showa series.

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

5547941F-BB58-4895-831C-E586324ECEA3.jpeg

Barresi likes this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

coleslawed and justin. like this.
  16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter