Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Godzilla Vs Kong (March 31, 2021) Movie • Page 44

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Full Effect Ed, May 30, 2017.

1. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I really hate that's he's basically dropped off the face of the earth after Rogue One... I feel like that was a much rougher experience for him than he or anyone else let on.

2. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

He’s definitely done a good job at keeping his mouth shut in every situation he’s run into. I’d absolutely recommend checking out his first film, Monsters, if anyone hasn’t seen it.

aoftbsten, Cameron and Brother Beck like this.
  3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I am impatiently waiting to hear what's happened with this mystery project. It was supposed to shoot last summer. I'm assuming it was delayed because of COVID, but I hope we hear something about it soon.

4. Driving2theBusStation Apr 8, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 9, 2021)
    Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Still need to watch Shin Godzilla. There's a bnb in town with a theater room that I can't wait to book to watch that, Tenet, and Upgrade.

5. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

just watched Skull Island, super good stuff. def my favourite of the three I've seen

whoever is doing the casting for these movies deserves a big raise

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

It's been on my list for a while, finally checked it out last night. It's great. Might be his best and kind of proves he can actually do interesting human stories and characters.

7. The fight scenes in this absolutely deliver. Awesome stuff. It's crazy how stark the contrast is between how Godzilla moves in the 2014 movie and how he does in this haha.

If I had to rank them, I'd probably say Godzilla > SI > GvK > KotM. The last 3 all operate in the roughly the same kind of territory though, with the monster stuff being cool and the character stuff lacking. Although, I love John C Reilly's character from SI, liked Bradley Whitford's character in KotM, and liked Kaylee Hottle's character in GvK.

8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Bradley Whitford’s character might be the worst part of KOTM

9. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

the "god" "zilla" line makes me cringe so hard

10. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I was just about to say that. I was going through old videos and saw that and it made me do the Arthur angry fist.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  11. :shrug: Idk I thought he was funny and stood out among the blandness of everyone else. Ken Watanabe is cool also.

12. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Very cringey, and I have a pretty high tolerance for "that guy" in comedies.

13. Morrissey

Trusted

So these movies just strip out the message behind Godzilla's creation and the danger of nuclear weapons?

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The first film doesn’t. The main character’s mom dies from a radiation-feeding creature that destroys a nuclear plant. Godzilla’s emergence is still related to Castle Bravo. The reason Las Vegas is destroyed is because a radioactive creature was put into the rest of the radioactive waste in Nevada.

It’s not strong, but the message is still there.

15. flask

Trusted Supporter

Of course

16. Morrissey

Trusted

This one is the only one I've seen. Didn't they say that the two monsters have had a family blood feud that went back to ancient times?

17. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Most Godzilla movies have done away with any of that since 1962.

flask likes this.
  18. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

The antagonist of this movie spurs Godzilla’s wrath because he is trying to assert mankind’s dominance over nature, symbolized by Godzilla. It’s an Icarus situation where the tool he creates to defeat Godzilla turns out to be uncontrollable and far more dangerous than Godzilla himself ever was

coleslawed and Contender like this.
  19. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Yeah, but in the original Godzilla it’s stated that he is a creature from the Jurassic period that was woken up by the testing of atomic bombs.

IIRC, only Godzilla 1998 and Shin Godzilla state that the creature has been extremely altered by nuclear weapons testing (G ‘98) and by feeding on nuclear waste (Shin).

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

shea, justin., aoftbsten and 3 others like this.
  21. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Thank you.

aoftbsten likes this.
  22. Furry Werthers

Trusted

Shin Godzilla is great if you're looking for that, Godzilla becomes a parallel for the governments inaction among the tsunami and meltdown.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  23. Morrissey

Trusted

I was surprised how much lore and human stuff was in this. I assume Coach Taylor was a bigger part of the earlier movies, because he doesn't really have any function in this movie but to be related to his daughter.

While the mecha-godzilla project went awry, it is a good idea in general. Any peace brokered with regular Godzilla is predicated upon the whims of a monster that you cannot beat. I would feel safer in a world without a Godzilla; mecha-godzilla is not that much more powerful than the crazy weapons our government has now.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I liked some of his lines but yeah that one was rough.

I do laugh a little bit every time at the "juiced" line tho lol

25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

pro-zilla propaganda is so sad at this point

coleslawed, Jusscali and Aaron Mook like this.