Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Godzilla Vs Kong (March 31, 2021) Movie • Page 42

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Full Effect Ed, May 30, 2017.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Honestly, I think that design is great.

Barresi likes this.
  2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I downloaded the first 2 episodes. The first episode is a drag but the second is fun.

3. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

4. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Godzilla definitely had the bigger hog, but Kong makes up for it with the bigger heart

5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

?????

6. atlas

Trusted

I just watched ‘14 for the first time in several years and yeah. HALO jump scene by far the coolest moment in this series of movies. Would have honestly been kinda dope as a silent film from that point onward

7. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

know absolutely nothing about this universe or whatever you call it but I just saw this and it fucking ruled

8. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

loved this so much

this is Kong's movie

Brother Beck, Nate_Johnson and tvck like this.
  9. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

I watched it again after watching KotM and it was better the second time. Still feel like we missed out on a good 5-10 min of Skarsgard backstory/motivation, and as much as the MBB storyline was fun its conclusion is pretty unsatisfying. Overall though the G vs K battles deliver and MechaGodzilla was amazing.

Feel like we need a threat from space in one of the next ones.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

11. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

#releasethesilentcut

coleslawed likes this.
  12. zachmacD

Trusted

Saw it on Sunday and I liked it a lot. Dialogue was awful, but the fight scenes were unreal. I felt like I was on a ride when they flew out of hollow earth. I wish they showed more fight scenes from the human point of view/ street level. When the monsters were fighting, I would lose perspective of how big they were supposed to be

13. Rowan5215

yeah there were some hella clunky lines in this. and as much as I love Brian Tyree Henry, he was massively overacting this (I know you probably don't really underact in a movie like this, but BTH is so fucking good in that mode)

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It felt like he was just having fun with the role. This a film he knew he didn’t have to put 110% into and, as a fan, he probably was just living out a kaiju dream.

Contender, Rowan5215, Cameron and 2 others like this.
  15. tvck

Trusted

I thought he played the conspiracy theorist role pretty well

16. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Somebody (maybe the Red Letter guys?) pointed out that Henry's character seemed like he was from the Transformers series, which I thought was very accurate. Definitely felt like he was out of a Michael Bay movie.

17. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

18. Why make us read that just tell us what they think

19. flask

Trusted Supporter

Well right off the bat they talk about Godzilla like he’s a lizard. He’s not. He’s a Godzilla.

Doomsday, Cameron, Contender and 6 others like this.
  20. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Kong is a dumb ass ape though

21. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

He’s a king of monsters

trevorshmevor and flask like this.
  22. tvck

Trusted

23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Who would win between an ape without a flamethrower and an ape with a flamethrower?

Now add rough skin, larger muscles, and sharper teeth to the ape with a flamethrower.

Rowan5215 and aoftbsten like this.
  24. Rowan5215

watched Zilla '14 tonight and I loved it. although you can kind of see the seams where like five different writers worked on the script, all the other stuff was easily good enough to overcome it. I feel like when it first came out I saw only negative reviews and when I look now everyone (rightly) adores it?

Brother Beck likes this.
  25. flask

Trusted Supporter

I remember a lot of complaints that there wasn’t enough monsters fighting which I think carried over through the rest of the franchise. It’s like they’ve been trying to make up for that ever since.