Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Godzilla Vs Kong (March 31, 2021) Movie • Page 39

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Full Effect Ed, May 30, 2017.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I laughed my ass off at “maybe he can go back and visit if he wants” for some reason lol

2. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Nate_Johnson and Henry like this.
  3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’ve never seen a group of people cope as hard as kong fans right now.

4. [​IMG]

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

6. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Clickbait - pick a winner you fucker

7. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

The hollow earth scenes were so unexpected and cool as hell. That was my favorite part for sure.

coleslawed, Anthony_, tvck and 3 others like this.
  8. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I watched it last night and was def pretty drunk so I have zero idea what the hell the story was or what any human was doing and I only remember the monsters fighting. I believe this is the ideal viewing experience.

9. Morrissey

Trusted

coleslawed likes this.
  10. Daniel Apr 4, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 4, 2021)
    Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

I couldn't care less about either of the two and had zero anticipation or expectations going in. This movie fucking rules. The best blockbuster I've seen in a long time, wish I watched this in theaters 4th of July weekend. I thought it looked great. Godzilla was legit scary. I love how they blazed through the plot without any convoluted explanations and just gave you what you wanted.

11. tvck

Trusted

I really enjoyed this. Unfortunately I watched it on my phone so I plan on another viewing on my 4K TV. All of the action sequences were top notch.

Brother Beck likes this.
  12. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Why would you watch this on your phone? Y’all wild.

coleslawed and aoftbsten like this.
  13. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

disgusting behavior

aoftbsten and tvck like this.
  14. tvck

Trusted

Ay man, it was the only way I could watch it at that time. I know it was stupid.

15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I also didn’t love the Mecha design, but I very much enjoyed how they used it in the movie.

The only MosterVerse movie I rewatched before this was 2014 and it’s crazy how different the tone is to this haha. That one feels grounded in reality (as much as a movie about a giant radioactive monster can be, that is) and this one is basically The Core meets Fate of the Furious with monsters.

16. aoftbsten Apr 4, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 4, 2021)
    aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

As fun as the fight scenes were in this, neither this nor KOTM really captures the shear scale of the monsters like 2014 did. In that movie, Godzilla and the Muto’s really feel like this massive unstoppable forces of nature whether it be stand alone shots or during the actual fight scenes. There are a few shots in this that give you that, but for the most part they don’t feel as massive and the destruction they cause doesn’t seem as real or catastrophic in comparison.

17. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Probably the best scene/image in all the films is the few minutes of the parajumpers in 2014 getting ready to jump, and then falling through the sky with their red smoke, falling through the clouds, while we try to decipher what's happening below the clouds. In the trailer this shot was combined with that creepy choral singing, which created this very ominous tone that was perfect for the film

18. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

Yep. Godzilla, and the MUTOs, were the same as walking natural disasters, as they are supposed to be

19. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

The 2014 movie also has a lot more ground-level, upward-facing shots.

20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yes i believe i pointed that scene out last night. love the way the volume cuts out and you just hear ATJ breathing as zilla is hollering like a dumb bitch

Brother Beck likes this.
  21. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Favorite shot in this series is the POV of Godzilla and the MUTO fighting as ATJ drops in. And you just hear him breathing. So cool.

22. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Imagine needing a corporation to spend billions of dollars to put you in a closed-off virtual reality dome like you're in the Truman Show, solely to protect you from Godzilla coming to whip your ass. I would die of embarrassment if I was Kong.

Contender, Doomsday, Barresi and 7 others like this.
  23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Brother Beck and Hugo G. like this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I watched on my iPod mini

25. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

you are the true monster.

aoftbsten likes this.