Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Godzilla Vs Kong (March 31, 2021) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Full Effect Ed, May 30, 2017.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

an awful film

2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

But have you seen Blair Witch?

3. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Godzilla vs. Blair Witch (2024)

aoftbsten and Cameron like this.
  4. Godzilla vs. John Wick

5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

More spoilerish toys leaked

7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

A little late to the conversation, but under 2 hrs sounds wonderful to me. More big spectacle films that short, please.

Not sure why I care, though, as someone who loves 2014 Godzilla but hasn't cared to see the others yet. (Hollywood, please give Gareth Edwards another big IP.) I dunno, maybe this will be the next one that actually pulls me in.

8. justin. Apr 6, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2020)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Leaks from Sayaka

• Godzilla's dorsal plates resemble the GKOTM design.

• Kong's axe is not a simple axe, but a more incredible and cool weapon. Of course, I'm not saying that this weapon is made of human technology. I'm sure you will like it.***

• Lots of science fiction elements and future technologies. GvK is not as realistic as the previous MonsterVerse movies. The level of human technology will remind you of Pacific Rim or the MCU movies.

• Mechagodzilla can fight at close range or use powerful energy weapons.

• The Hong Kong battle between Godzilla and Kong is about 5 minutes. It's a completely continuous action scene that doesn't switch to the human story. Godzilla looks very beast-like, incredibly violent.

• Concept art shows Kong climbing atop a building in Hong Kong while Godzilla tries to shoot him down with the atomic breath.

• Kong's territory now is the Hollow Earth world with sufficient radiation. The radiation on the surface of Skull Island is limited, which may cause Kong's species to shrink. This might explain why this Kong is so big while his ancestors were smaller.

• The aircraft carrier that Godzilla and Kong fight on is a normal aircraft carrier and a tribute to the giant raft from the original King Kong vs. Godzilla.

• The Hong Kong battle between Godzilla and Kong is the climax of the movie. This battle is an absolute epic. It will decide who the real #1 monster is. The battle with Mechagodzilla is the second climax because MG is a huge threat to everyone.

• Hong Kong battle is 1v1, 1v1, 2v1.

• Flying snake Titan seen in the toy leaks fights Kong and lives in the Hollow Earth.

• Godzilla will have cool new powers.

• Severed Ghidorah head has rotted and is now mostly bones. It's kept in the Apex laboratory.

• There is a link between Ghidorah and Mechagodzilla.

• The movie will focus on King Kong and Godzilla, can't say that Rodan and Mothra will never come back, but they definitely won't be main characters.

• Lots of tributes to King Kong vs. Godzilla.

• Mechagodzilla is the ultimate villain of the film, the final battle between him, Kong, and Godzilla takes place in Hong Kong amidst neon lights at night. Very Pacific Rim-like.

• Toy leaks do not do Mechagodzilla justice.

• Apex is an evil corporation much like Umbrella from Resident Evil.

• GvK will be bigger in scale compared to GKOTM, with more new monsters living in the Hollow Earth.

• CGI is much better than GKOTM, more akin to G14 and KSI.

• Godzilla and Kong's final battle will be a 1 on 1 fair fight with a clear winner between the two.

• Neither Godzilla or Kong kill the other, but one may die against Mechagodzilla.

• Kong has no superpowers, he uses brute force, speed, and weapons to battle.

• Kong is quite powerful now. He's not only 300+ feet tall, he even wounds Godzilla with a weapon.

• Mechagodzilla resembles his Showa design with lots of destructive weapons.

• Kong wields a giant axe.

• Mechagodzilla has no missile fingers.

• Human narrative revolves around exploring the Hollow Earth and shining a light on the ancient origins of the Titans and the civilizations who worshiped and feared them.

•*** Toy leaks have confirmed that Kong’s “axe” is one of Godzilla’s spines.

9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Let’s hope so. This MonsterVerse deserves more than what ‘King of the Monsters’ delivered.

10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

is this planned on being the last installment or what?

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Legendary loses the rights to Godzilla after this film but if it’s makes $$$ then Toho would probably be open to extended the contract. The last 2 American produced Godzilla films have made more worldwide than all of the Toho films combined.

phaynes12 likes this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah ok I'm in

Cameron and justin. like this.
  13. justin. Apr 6, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2020)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Not the end of the MonsterVerse but some are preparing to not see Godzilla again (or at least for a long time) in the MonsterVerse due to both the contract expiring and Toho starting their own cinematic universe.

The current contract allows Toho to only release films when Legendary does not, but Toho is wanting to release films every other year or yearly (based on comments from their creative officer) so that could get in the way of a renewal. It all depends on if Toho feels that renewing the contract will help what they are trying to do. There’s always the chance of a renewal but, IMO, best case scenario is Toho making a contract for Legendary to co-produce or have distribution rights to the cinematic universe films so that they make bank in Japan and don’t spend anything on marketing or distributing worldwide.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

Donnie Ruth and coleslawed like this.
  15. flask

Trusted Supporter

Dreaming of the day I get to watch this in a packed theater with other G fans.

coleslawed likes this.
  16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Have you ever been to G-Fest?

17. flask

Trusted Supporter

I have not. Just checked and it’s in Chicago :(

18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

What is your opinion on Shin Godzilla?

flask likes this.
  19. flask

Trusted Supporter

Top tier Godzilla movie. I also love KotM. I love serious Godzilla movie and I love campy Godzilla movies. I love Godzilla.

coleslawed, Cameron and justin. like this.
  20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

My man. It's been about a year since I watched Shin Godzilla so I decided to turn it on yesterday and was blown away. What the film offers is exactly what the Legendary films don't dive deep into (not that it makes them bad for doing so) so it felt very refreshing. It's a good time when we are getting films that offer different levels of what we want from Godzilla.

21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Shin Godzilla is dope.

22. Tim

Almost finally pulled the trigger a couple months ago on buying Shin Godzilla but didn't. Maybe I should just rent it digitally so I can finally watch it.

I finally watched all of Neon Genesis Evangelion a few months ago for the first time & was surprised when I found out the creator of that series, Hideaki Anno, did Shin Godzilla.

coleslawed likes this.
  23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

lmaoooooo

24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

apparently that's gareth!

25. Tim

lol, nice.

One of the most frustrating complaints when people say it sincerely. Such a flawlessly paced film.