Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Godzilla: King Of The Monsters (Michael Dougherty, May 31, 2019) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

It didn't make perfect sense to me either, but to me it sounded like the fever line was in reference to the original creation of of the titans way back whenever, and she's using flowery speech to wow and ooh and ahh everybody so they don't pay too close attention to what she's actually doing, which seems like unleashing the apocalypse on humanity. She doesn't seem overly concerned with preserving human life.

The part I don't really get is why the Earth now needs our active involvement to go find and track down said fever. That makes it sound like something that should just happen around and to us whether we like it or not.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The humans that awaken the monsters do so because they think the monsters are Earth’s way of re-balancing itself.

coleslawed and Donnie Ruth like this.
  3. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I suppose my next question is, how does King Kong eventually play a role in this? No way he’s leaving his island haha.

Either way, I love these monster movies and will be there opening night for this! I LOVED the 2014 Godzilla movie.

4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

coleslawed, Connor, Kyle Max and 5 others like this.
  5. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

It’s that fucking genius who moron s think just ruined Star Wars!

Brother Beck likes this.
  6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Lol He added an interesting and original chapter to Star Wars. I wish I enjoyed it as much as most people. I’m looking forward to his own trilogy and I think that the people who didn’t enjoy TLJ will enjoy his work when pre-explored characters are not staples in it.

I’m ready for people to say Michael Dougherty ruined Godzilla if this movie doesn’t get accepted by everyone due to three extra and beloved Toho monsters being in it.

oncenowagain likes this.
  7. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

All of this excitement about the new Godzilla movie has been reminding me how bummed I was that we never got an extended edition / director's cut of Godzilla 2014 with just a *teeny* bit more footage of the monsters. Even just the really short shots from the deleted scenes would have brought a lot more to the film. I'm thinking of 2 in particular that stand out in my mind: one is a shot from inside an office on a floor high up in a destroyed office building looking out the blown out windows at the monsters fighting. It is exactly the kind of shot I love so much from Gareth Edwards and what I was hoping the film would be filled with. It boggles my mind that they'd cut that shot out of the movie. Feels to me like they trimmed it down too much in the edit. The other is the one with a soldier on a rooftop in the foreground near a flag while one of of the MUTOs swoops by overhead and flies away from the camera.

8. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

so here for this

9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I don’t even want a director’s cut I want a digital/physical release where the picture isn’t darkened. I can barely see anything during night scenes if I don’t turn the brightness on my screen up.

10. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I do remember watching it on blu-ray when it was released and struggling to make out what the hell was happening during the climactic fight. It was like staring into a room full of smoke at night. I could tell something was going on but couldn't see what, until he did the blue atomic breath and I could see for like 3 seconds. I remember it being very dark when I watched it in the theater but I could see what was going on. I am not tech savvy at all though and don't even know how to play with the settings on my TV or blu-ray player.

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I have no idea why they darkened it but the theatrical release and Japanese Toho blu ray were not darkened. I’m puzzles me that someone at Warner Bros thought audiences would like it.

12. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

I don't want to wait another year for this. That was one of my favorite trailers ever.

13. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

It doesn't feel like it to me, but it's gonna be five years between the movies.

14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

He's trash and so is that movie.

15. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

If Skull Island took place in the 70's and Godzilla was modern time and this new movie looks like the end of the world, does the fight between Godzilla and Kong take place between Skull Island and Godzilla, Godzilla and this movie or after all three? I'm seriously confused by the timeline.

16. Dog with a Blog

This is honestly one of the best trailers for a blockbuster I’ve ever seen. I had beyond zero interest in this movie, but god damn this fuckin trailer.

Like, the swell of music in conjunction with this shot is actually perfect lol

04B5C2FF-BB0B-4D9E-B477-417F3305EFF4.png

17. Dog with a Blog

If anyone is interested, this version of Clair de Lune is available on streaming services

coleslawed likes this.
  18. GBlades

Trusted

I hadn't seen Godzilla or Kong but watched this trailer. You can guess what i'll be watching to catch up lol. That image is intense though and hype has just shot right up.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  19. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I’ll echo that sentiment. I absolutely loved Gareth Edwards’ Godzilla so I was very unsure about him not being at the helm. Whew. That trailer is a thing of beauty.

Tim and Barresi like this.
  20. Nyquist Jul 23, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 23, 2018)
    Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Like I half expected Mufasa to break through the clouds with “Remember who you are” and I’d be like

[​IMG]

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Honestly the only thing that worries me at this point is the fact I didn’t love Trick r Treat or Krampus, but this still looks excellent.

22. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Gosh, this just looks so outstanding. I haven't even seen Godzilla 2014, but just this trailer is reigniting my interest in the franchise. I used to LOVE Godzilla as a kid, had tons of little toys and kept up with all the miscellaneous cartoons and anything else I could get my hands on. Really looking forward to this (and definitely need to watch G2014 and Shin Godzilla ASAP)

23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Shin Godzilla is top tier.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  24. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

The fact that it's by Hideaki Anno makes me mad at myself that I haven't seen it yet.

25. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Krampus was meh, but man oh man do I love Trick R' Treat. Has been a staple in my October rotation for nearly a decade!

airik625 and slowheart like this.