Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Godzilla: King Of The Monsters (Michael Dougherty, May 31, 2019) Movie • Page 31

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Man I still can’t believe how much I hated this film. Rewatching Godzilla 2014 and i just can’t get over the disappointment of this :tear:

2. flask

Trusted Supporter

I've watched this like 6 time lmao. Love it.

coleslawed and David87 like this.
  3. Fwiw I loved Godzilla 2014 in theaters and was bored to tears when I tried to revisit it, so different strokes for different folks maybe?

4. atlas

Trusted

I also hated this. Aaron Taylor Johnson was stiff as a board but I didn't actively want to hit him in the face like Kyle Chandler, and I much preferred the overall mood of 2014

Tomozaurus, Zilla and aoftbsten like this.
  5. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I don’t even finish this.... maybe I’ll try again at some point

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I mean I was talking about my opinion, I thought that was obvious in my post.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I fast forwarded to all the monster scenes. :Shrug:

stvvvn and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

The first trailer for this is still one of the best things I've seen.

9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Much like Godzilla ‘98, the trailers for this were better than the movie.

Tomozaurus likes this.
  10. Tomozaurus

Regular

I remember that year I was super excited for this because the trailer was so damn good, and had super low expectations for Detective Pikachu because the trailer looked horrible.

I ended up hating this, and thinking Detective Pikachu was ok.

Zilla likes this.
  11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah, this certainly played like something where the creatives and/or studio learned the wrong lessons from the criticisms of the 2014 one. i also forgot there was a post-credits scene and i always remember those

Nick, Tomozaurus, Zilla and 1 other person like this.
  12. I just watched this for the first time. About 45 minutes in I let go of any expectations and just enjoyed the terrible ride. So bad, but so good.

“Oh my god…”

“…zilla”

David87, Zilla and Surfwax like this.
  13. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

I watched this movie while dying from my second Covid shot but fuck I loved it so much

14. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Fuckin thing sucks TBH

Zilla and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

If you want to watch a good film that features Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan fighting Ghidorah, just turn on ‘Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster’

16. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Movie fuckin rules, tbh the monsters are all so big and epic that I almost feel like it shoulda been saved for movie #3. But obviously they had plans with Kong so

Aaron Mook, cashlion and Cameron like this.
  17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

They could always have MechaGhidorah appear in a future full and basically do a part 2 of this

18. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

RIP Mothra :(

David87 likes this.
  19. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It’s okay, she dies a lot. I’d feel more weird if didn’t go through rebirth lol