Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Godzilla: King Of The Monsters (Michael Dougherty, May 31, 2019) Movie • Page 30

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Finally saw this, all the criticisms are valid. It's fun enough, but as a huge Godzilla fan, I'd be quite happy to have this monster-verse just end. Not excited for Kong v Godzilla at all.

Shin Godzilla remains stellar, I guess I prefer Godzilla to be force of nature instead of friend to humans.

Tomozaurus likes this.
  2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

The one thing that could make Christmas good

4. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

FUCK I NEED IT

5. flask

Trusted Supporter

hell yeah

6. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

If only this movie was as fucking cool as that tree

7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Aaron Mook, coleslawed and flask like this.
  8. flask

Trusted Supporter

Godzilla and Mothra tag teamed King Ghidorah but whatever.

9. michael_gatto

Trusted

I rewatched this yesterday with the wife. We both really like it. It's dumb but a lot of fun. Assuming the post credit is setting up Mecha Ghidorah?

Cameron and coleslawed like this.
  10. Need to watch this again

11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

On HBO now. Chonky thick boi absolute unit Godzilla is still awesome. Monster fights are still fucking cool as hell (though I wish we got more Mothra in hindsight). Human side plot is still mostly a mess. And I still do not care much about that last part haha

so excited for Godzilla vs. Kong. Though I’m really hoping they don’t turn either of them into the bad guy because I can’t handle my boys being evil :tear:

12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

They already announced the bad guy, no?

13. flask

Trusted Supporter

The "bad guy" leaked a few weeks ago.

14. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

I've watched this movie like four times, lol. I just love the final battle.

trevorshmevor and David87 like this.
  15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah rewatched this morning now that it’s on HBO. That Rhodan fight with the jets, and the final battle are so dope.

16. David87 Jan 26, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 26, 2020)
    David87

Prestigious Prestigious

HBO just playing this non stop and i"m not upset about it (other than it distracting me from grading)

Anyway, I get sad about Mothra every time. When she's obviously hurt after the clash with Rhodan, and then tries desperately to take one last shot at Ghidorah to help him.
    Also really love the desperation/fear of Ghidorah as it tries to blast thermonuclear Godzilla with the yellow lightning to no effect.

Cameron and flask like this.
  17. flask

Trusted Supporter

The whole Mexico section is just....wow
    36A7A5BC-B6B0-4C73-AFDF-B6BE526D92F9.gif

David87 likes this.
  18. BackyardHero11

Trusted

This scene still gets me every damn time

[​IMG]

coleslawed, Barresi, David87 and 2 others like this.
  19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

So on what’s gotta be my 5th rewatch as I just am putting it on in the background at this point lol....I remember reading and maybe even posting about Serj Tankian’s involvement in this movie, and I’m literally just now realizing it’s him doing the closing credits song. I’ve been thinking there was something familiar about the voice for so long.

20. Really want to rewatch this tonight, but I'm struggling to find a digital option to rent?

21. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I’m pretty sure it’s on HBO?

apparently it’s on HBO and Hulu if you have either!

22. Damn. I guess it may be time to finally hit that free trial then.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  23. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Can’t believe how biting this was lol

24. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Download the Just Watch app.

25. That's actually where I looked for it. Looks like the only rent option is through AMC On Demand for $6, which seems bizarre and a little pricey considering it's been out for a year. I rented Joker for $4 on Youtube last weekend lol.