Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Godzilla: King Of The Monsters (Michael Dougherty, May 31, 2019) Movie • Page 29

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I did not care for Rampage, but the monster designs were good

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Jurassic World

3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Saw both and forgot about both haha. I tend to put Jurassic Park movies in their own category, but the new ones do feel more like monster movies. Rampage is the definition of a plane movie. A fun way to kill time if you have nothing else to do.

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I dont buy it - everyone loves a good monster movie

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

This is not good, at all.

6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I wouldn’t blame just “Endgame,” this also came after “Detective Pikachu” and “Aladdin.” I think people eventually were just shutting their wallet after a number of blockbusters and the bad buzz for this and “Dark Phoenix,” which came out a week later, caused it to tank.

7. atlas

Trusted

Maybe it’s bc the movie was bad idk

8. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

I’ve watched this three times and have enjoyed it more every time. That said, still find all complaints valid.

Also the monster fatigue thing is BS.

9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

That didnt stop people from seeing “The Lion King” or “Aladdin.”

10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Aladdin is a better film than this, it also has much better characters and acting.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  11. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

It's sad that, w/ how much I love the 2014 Godzilla, I didn't end up seeing this in the theater & didn't feel bad about missing it. I'll probably Redbox it, but seems like the 2014 film probably landed for me because of Gareth Edwards more than because of Godzilla. (Also love Rogue One. When is he gonna make another genre film?)

What I'm more interested in finally getting to is Shin Godzilla. That looks pretty dope.

Nick likes this.
  12. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I had so much fun with this movie, so glad I caught it in Dolby. it was a massive cinematic experience. I definitely understand agree with a number of criticisms, but I also can't deny how much I enjoyed it.

13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

2014 is a much better Godzilla film than this. It has a lot more of the spirit of Japanese Godzilla films than this does.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Tim like this.
  14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Not a hill I’ll die on other than to say each movie was underwhelming in its own way.

15. flask

Trusted Supporter

This movie is like Godzilla in the 70s which is definitely not the pinnacle of Godzilla but I love Godzilla in all his forms.

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I agree, but I would say Aladdin is better and even if not, it has more connection with the audiences and better characters overall. Not a great movie, but it's chances of success were miles out in front of this regardless of quality.

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

lmao that was one of the best "starring:" runs they've ever had IMO

Tomozaurus likes this.
  19. flask

Trusted Supporter

the steelbook on best buy dot com is....sold out? now i gotta go to a best buy store for the first time in like 7 years.

20. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I've gone to the best buy near my house maybe 3 times in the last 5 or 6 years and every time it's been completely renovated and different inside.

21. flask

Trusted Supporter

Legendary should send me a free copy for seeing it twice and being this movies most vocal supporter.

Cameron likes this.
  22. flask

Trusted Supporter

Can’t find it at 3 different Best Buy’s so just shut this thread down I guess see you guys in the GvK thread.

coleslawed and Cameron like this.
  23. Joe Sep 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 2, 2019)
    Sadly just got around to watching this, but I had a blast with it. Maybe I give these kinds of movies a lot of leeway, but I wasn't nearly as bothered by the human characters as a lot of people. Like, they weren't great or anything, but they weren't distractingly bad or dumb within the context of the movie. Idk I was mostly waiting for all the monster brawling, which did not disappoint.

24. Tomozaurus

Regular

"Mexico Wild Wings" got me.

25. brentkid

Regular

This was not a good film but as an entertaining piece of media I enjoyed the monster sequences and the soundtrack that accompanied those scenes.

coleslawed and Aaron Mook like this.