Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Godzilla: King Of The Monsters (Michael Dougherty, May 31, 2019) Movie • Page 28

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Dec 14, 2016.

1. flask

Trusted Supporter

Sounds like they're sticking with March 2020.

2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

People aren’t allowed to use the term radioactive anymore after Chernobyl. Also fuck Imagine Dragons they’ve always been terrible, but they’re worse now cuz they titled a song that before the show. I’ve spoken

3. All the human stuff in this was bad, but the monsters, their fighting, and the beauuuuutiful visuals made this awesome. I'm so sick of humans making monster movies all about them. Selfish species... haha.

sawhney[rusted]2 and aoftbsten like this.
  4. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I still haven't seen this!

However, I have plans to go next Friday at a drive in theater as a double feature with Toy Story 4

coleslawed likes this.
  5. flask

Trusted Supporter

That’s tight.

6. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I watched this again and enjoyed it a lot more the second time. I think going in knowing that literally anything and everything involving any human character aside from Dr. Serizawa was going to be utterly illogical nonsensical annoying garbage made my second viewing more enjoyable.

Getting rid of several human characters and several minutes of screen-time involving said human characters and their inane shenanigans would have made this a much, much, much better movie.

Don't lose anything involving any of the monsters but drop Richard Hendricks from Silicon Valley, Bradley Whitford, Charles Dance or Vera Farmiga, and David Strathairn and his out-of-nowhere magic bomb.

Those are just straight cuts, but in an ideal world I would have had bearded (???) O'Shea Jackson Jr. play a scientist instead of some type of military soldier who does anything and everything and goes everywhere, swapping this character in for Richard Hendricks & Bradley Whitford.

I like all of these actors but they were so, so, so horribly misused in this movie.

For some reason, on my second viewing Kyle Chandler's character just being angry and yelling and repeatedly taking over situations that he has no business even being present for was just as fucking absurd as the first time but somehow I found it amusing and funny this time around.

7. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I didn’t really like this movie but I had enough fun to impulse purchase this shirt in support of my lesbian moth mom
    36BAA1A3-CDAF-44E2-A9F4-D35ED14CD37C.jpeg

8. BackyardHero11

Trusted

airik625 and Aaron Mook like this.
  9. flask

Trusted Supporter

GOD DAMN

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this was exhausting.

Alba, Kuri44 and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

this came to digital QUICK

12. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Someone should do a fan edit that removes 2/3's of the human characters.

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Just piece together the first two movies using kaiju clips lol

imthesheriff likes this.
  14. flask

Trusted Supporter

I can finally watch the Rodan scene on repeat.

coleslawed likes this.
  15. I was so pumped for this movie based on the trailers but after watching it all I can say is it was very blah.

Humans aside, the kaiju fight scenes were so ridiculously dark that they were almost pointless.

Kong: Skull Island is still my favorite of the MonsterVerse. (Although I did watch Godzilla 2014 recently and it was better than I had remembered.)

joe.boy.fresh. and imthesheriff like this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I still think this was a lot of fun. Even with the convoluting plot, and boring human chracters

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Seth ROBINSON likes this.
  18. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I don't think monster fatigue is really a thing, especially in this country, as we haven't really had all that many mainstream giant monster movies play in theaters so much as possibly the actual fan demand / size of the audience who want these types of movies don't justify the astronomical budgets they require to make at this level.

19. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I think the first one has ALOT of ill will with the general audience

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  20. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Maybe also shouldn’t have released it within six weeks of Endgame.

coleslawed and David87 like this.
  21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I have a hard time buying that. The only big monster movies to come out have been in this universe and there were only two of them.

22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Agreed...that movie and it’s hype were sucking all the oxygen out of the room for virtually every other release

23. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Pacific Rim 2. So that’s THREE big monster movies!

coleslawed likes this.
  24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Totally forgot about pacific rim 2.

25. How could y'all forget Rampage?! I never saw it
    [​IMG]