Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Godzilla: King Of The Monsters (Michael Dougherty, May 31, 2019) Movie • Page 25

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Well, if this isn't relevant to the film, I think I'll just wait to stream it.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Even though I was disappointed in '14, one of the aspects I appreciated about it was that the humans were so inconsequential to everything Godzilla and the MUTOs did. I wish it had continued on the path of the monsters not really noticing the humans at all.

I'm also surprised to see all the love for the scene with Ken Watanabe and Godzilla. While it is a nice moment when he touches Godzilla, on the whole, that sequence reminded me of The Core.

3. dlemert

Trusted

How good was that reworked Godzilla 1954 theme music though??

4. flask

Trusted Supporter

That and Rodan's music were so sick. Almost makes me want to drop the $50 for the soundtrack on vinyl.

5. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Bradley Whitford annoyed the hell out of me in this.

6. dlemert

Trusted

There was not a single character I actually liked in this movie. Watanabe and Sally Hawkins were the least harmless.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I liked godzilla

8. flask

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I liked all the monsters. Rodan a punk bitch tho.

9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I was kind of hoping that Godzilla was going to kill Rodan for being so heavy on team Ghidorah.

10. Yes the dialogue was bad, yes Kyle Chandler was nearly insufferable, but boy did I fucking love this movie. Absolutely gorgeous to look at. As a massive John Wick fan, this was the most fun I've had in theaters in months. Easily the best of the Monsterverse movies so far.

And the martyr scene was truly touching and well-done imo

11. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I really don’t get how they got so many good actors in this, and made them so fucking boring and one dimensional. Everyone outside of the two returning characters were completely miscast.

But on a positive note: MOTHRA was fucking GORGEOUS

imthesheriff likes this.
  12. BackyardHero11

Trusted

the score was incredible

13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I've been going back and watching some of the older movies and it's making me appreciate this one a little more. This shares a lot in common with quite a few of the King Ghirdorah films. Monsters getting lose from captivity (Destroy All Monsters), Reviving Godzilla to fight Ghidorah (Godzilla vs King Ghidorah 1991) and Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster just in terms of the main kaiju used. I still wish this one had just leaned in harder to the campy/more self aware vibe, but I can't deny the fun.

I kind of wish we had gotten a solo Mothra film before this one. Mothra's design was a highlight of the film.

coleslawed and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Also, I want Godzilla to take a heal turn at some point if this series is able to continue past Godzilla vs Kong.

flask likes this.
  15. flask

Trusted Supporter

Who or what will stop him???
    *cue pacific rim theme*

coleslawed and aoftbsten like this.
  16. that's where I am with this

17. imthegrimace

Towards the end of the movie I was so bored with the human story line.

18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I hate when a movie designates just one character as the comic relief - spread that around. The only laugh Whitford got from me was “I film everything” and that was mainly because of Kyle Chandler’s reaction.

19. imthegrimace

Yeah a lot of movies have that character but his was especially bad and I generally like Whitford.

20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

This film definitely takes pieces of older films. That’s probably my favorite thing about the film.

21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

In the theater. By myself because my friends are lame and don’t like Godzilla, and my wife is a tired pregnant lady.

So excited.

Prob only about 15 people in a 100 seat theater right now, makes me sad :tear:

coleslawed likes this.
  22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Holy shit that was a lot of awesome. I’ll try to post more in a bit or tomorrow but goddamn that was a lot of fun.

23. I couldn’t give a shit about a good human storyline in a monster movie. Just gimme all the monsters fighting and check the humans at the door. I see too many humans in basically every movie. I’m over humans now. I want MONSTERS!

Will I enjoy this?

24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

There is a lot of humans, probably too much, especially the main family....but frankly I didn't care. The obvious exposition didn't bother me because I wanted to know more about the monsters, even if it didn't always make sense. The monsters themselves and the fights were awesome

25. Is there more monster time in this one than the last one?

David87 likes this.