Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Godzilla: King Of The Monsters (Michael Dougherty, May 31, 2019) Movie • Page 24

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

what about Godzilla 98

coleslawed likes this.
  2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Tapadapolus?

aoftbsten, Oskarr and Zilla like this.
  3. BackyardHero11

Trusted

saw this a couple days ago in Dolby Cinema, man this was a good time. the visuals, the score. while i absolutely would love a well rounded movie with a great plot, great characters, and monster mayhem, this still worked for me. i enjoyed the cheesy lines, the crazy plot, Kyle Chandler's excellent over acting haha. Kong Skull Island is still the best of these monsterverse films so far though.

aoftbsten likes this.
  4. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I've read a few critiques of this so far that have all mentioned that Kong: Skull Island didn't set all of its monster fights at night and in the rain. It had things happening in broad daylight. I hadn't really thought of that or noticed that before.

5. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I imagine doing so helps save money on the CGI budget a bit since some of the details on the monsters don't need to be fleshed out because it's "dark" and such?

Brother Beck likes this.
  6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The scene where Tom Hiddleston hacks pterodactyls with a sword is a series highlight.

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I thought this was very enjoyable.

8. BackyardHero11

Trusted

i remember when this moment started initially being like, oh no, what is happening this is.. no wait, this is amazing, yes! get em! haha

imthesheriff and Zilla like this.
  9. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Whenever I see it I always assume it is down to how they figured out on the original Jurassic Park that the CGI t-rex looked more realistic when she was covered in water and it was at night. I remember reading that's why almost all of Godzilla '98 takes place on a rainy night.

David87 likes this.
  10. BackyardHero11

Trusted

LightWithoutHeat, Barresi and justin. like this.
  11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I really wish we would get a sequel to Shin Godzilla.

Toho’s new cinematic Kaiju universe better be worth us not getting it.

Barresi and Shakriel like this.
  12. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I've never seen Shin Godzilla but it's been on my list for a while. i feel ashamed haha, but thankfully it's on showtime

13. flask

Trusted Supporter

The ending of Shin is so creepy.

justin. likes this.
  14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

15. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

My feelings on any time there’s an article stating how the fans are fighting back against critics.

Henry, imthesheriff and dadbolt like this.
  16. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Enjoyed the hell out of this despite its obvious flaws but then again I can find a well-rounded film anytime, not often I can find a big budget film that goes to the extreme without feeling utterly dumbed down. I also kept, for no reason that I can nail down, thinking of Jami Gertz as Dr. Melissa Reeves out of Twister whenever Millie Bobby Brown was out in the rain or observing the spectacle that was occurring.

17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

18. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

The idea that the titans are essential to balancing out the global ecosystem was pretty cool. I liked the headlines at the end about wildlife flourishing after Godzilla takes the throne.

There's a lot this movie does that I liked.

coleslawed and BackyardHero11 like this.
  19. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

This was cool. Wish it was better but oh well. Vera Farmiga was oddly terrible in this and she’s usually the best.

20. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

this was a blast.

yeah, Tywin’s motives were unclear, especially when his stated goals were already achieved and he resisted fighting back against Ghidora, but :shrug:
    also, why would the first monster you unleash be the one all signs point to as the most powerful? why not ease into it with a lesser beast?

Oskarr likes this.
  21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I found this awesome, frustrating, and frustratingly stupid.

Oskarr likes this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Not really relevant to the film, but I saw two atlas moths fucking

IMG_20190605_071925.jpg

23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Are you sure they just didn’t finish doing the fusion dance?

24. dlemert

Trusted

There were too many characters, plot threads, and half-baked ideas for this to have really worked. Despite a handful of gorgeous shots and a few genuinely great scenes that felt like they were from a better, leaner movie, this is not the movie I wanted to see coming off the back of the exuberant Skull Island.

25. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Oskarr likes this.