Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Godzilla: King Of The Monsters (Michael Dougherty, May 31, 2019) Movie • Page 22

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

That's nice to hear. I can't wait.

2. flask

Trusted Supporter

Probably seeing this again tomorrow.

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

it’s been mentioned and i think my only gripe is the seemingly wasted time on the underwater radioactive city. There was probably a better way to resolve that plot point, but i thought that Serizawa’s death was done very well.

Charles Dance’s character seemed.....pointless.....but i guess they needed a big bad for storytelling purposes.

Very much looking forward to seeing Kong get his big ass involved.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Final thought: o’shea jackson jr needs to be in everything.

5. atlas

Trusted

funnily enough in a movie where I loved the monsters and complained incessantly about the story I think that was my favorite scene lol

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I realllly liked this. The death blows in this new franchise continue to be so good. I completely agree with the criticisms on the story/characters, but at the end of the day the spectacle took hold.

My main gripe with the story being the pacing. Especially when Godzilla “died”. Like obviously we know he’s coming back, and they made it such a non issue. They blew past it, and it felt so weird when they came up with the quick realization of how to revive him. That moment should had been more powerful. Although Watanobi’s character dying, and the underwater city was interesting.

Mothra/Godzilla teamup was nice. The King death was p cool, and the look Godzilla gave him when his electricity didn’t do anything was awesome.

The end credits scene was....interesting. I was really hoping it was King Kong related. Though now we have something to look foreword to after that movie. I’m assuming they were alluding to Mecha King G??

imthesheriff and smowashere like this.
  7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Just read that we only have to wait until march for godzilla v kong i did not know it was that soon i am HYPE we should get a trailer soon no??? Maybe after summer.

8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Woe what!? That’s great

9. flask

Trusted Supporter

The first trailer for this dropped last August so yeah we’re already closer. Probably a teaser around end of summer then a main trailer around Nov/Dec.

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

David87 and flask like this.
  11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Sounds like something people from Boston would do

Kyle Max, mattav152 and Brother Beck like this.
  12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

yep

Brother Beck likes this.
  13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

The “bad day to be a red sox fan” line definitely did well in my new york theater

14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Ferrari333SP, Cameron and Sean Murphy like this.
  15. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I’m always down for some monster action but I thought this was just so goddamn boring. The human stuff was abysmal and most of the monster fights weren’t particularly fun to watch. Mothra’s design was great tho and that credits song GOES.

aoftbsten likes this.
  16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

my main critique is fuck boston

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Hmmm I just don’t see how one could have thought this was “boring”. Yeah I do agree all the human stuff was 80% throwaway

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Also Rhodan’s fight with the jets was dope

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I really didnt mind most of the human stuff, they went about explaining the family dynamic in a kinda clunky way but corny bad dialogue from oshea and brad whitford is exactly what i expected when i saw them come on screen.

20. atlas

Trusted

yeah the sickest monster moments were by far Ghidorah on top of the volcano and Rodan vs the jets

Cameron likes this.
  21. atlas

Trusted

when Vera Farmiga said "Long live the king" right before Atomic Godzilla appeared my eyes rolled so far back into my head it almost hurt

22. Just got out of this a bit ago.

I wanted a monster movie and got a monster movie. I enjoyed it.

Looking forward to Godzilla vs Kong

23. This was exactly what I wanted. Mothra was beautiful, Rodan and Ghidorah were hard as fuck. The Kong winks were awesome. Did not expect to see all of those other monsters so that ruled. None of the nitpicks I have realistically affect the story in any way.

Also lol @ “I film everything. Everything.”

24. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Saw this again yesterday. Enjoyed the monster moments more, and the human drama even less.

imthesheriff likes this.
  25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I was really turned off this film by the really lame story and dialogue, but I think I went into it with the wrong expectations; I mean I really wanted great monster action, which we got, but I wrongly assumed we could/should get a good story as well. But when you're dealing with a movie about multiple giant monsters who fight each other, a legit good story really isn't possible I guess, haha. So my thoughts on this have gotten better since I saw it last night. However, one complaint I agree with is the crappy camera work, and how a majority of the fighting is done at night, so to me at least it was not quite as clear as it could have been what was happening. Or maybe it was just my movie theater screen itself being more dim than usual.