Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Godless (Netflix) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 23, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen Aug 23, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 25, 2017)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Anthony_D'Elia and suicidesaints like this.
  2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Gotta be good, right?

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This is gonna be amazing

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Out now

6. airik625

Are there episode titles?

7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Dug the first episode a lot. It’s definitely more thoughtful and atmospheric than I expected from Frank.

8. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

gonna start when i get back home

9. This was decent but seemed to drag a lot for something that's 7 episodes

10. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

It was originally a movie script, and it shows. I wish Netflix would have just made it one of their original films instead.

11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Frank actually talked about it being his decision to stretch it out.

12. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Really? Well that was a mistake. This could have been a great movie. It’s not a disaster as a miniseries, by any means, but it has some major issues.

13. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I am baffled that people find this slow. I think it's one of the best shows of the year. Feels like a classic western in the best sense, but filled with Frank's sensibility.

Dave Diddy and jkauf like this.
  14. airik625

Through the first two episodes and really enjoy it. Been waiting for another strong Western show. Jeff Daniels just kills is it as the antagonist.

15. clucky

Trusted Supporter

ending of this was a complete mess. enjoyed the start (though a little slow) but man talk about a bummer of a finale.

16. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Two episodes in and loving it so far.

17. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

And the coloring they do for the flashbacks / dreams is awesome.

clucky and airik625 like this.
  18. airik625

What didn’t you like about the ending? It satisfies the classic, western showdown. It also came back around on every single storyline to properly end the series. I thought it was pretty damn great.

19. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I'm mainly referring to the the large battle. Too many of the main characters had hero immunity, and the ones that did die the deaths felt cheap. Everything just felt too convenient to the point where it was comical. Some of it might be outside of Alice and Mary Agnes, I didn't feel like they did a good job making any of the other women particularly memorable. idk... it just felt messy.

The end between Goode and Griffen was good. Which I guess is kinda a microcosm of my disappointment with the show -- the women and town of La Belle taking a back seat to the guys which is all good and fine and can still make for interesting storytelling but is a bit of a waste of the concept of the "town with only women"

jkauf likes this.
  20. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Don’t have a problem with the showdown or how things played out there for the most part, but it definitely fizzled out a little towards the end and got a bit too cheesy. Probably would’ve gotten ridden of Episode 6 altogether (or really trimmed the fat and littered the leftovers throughout the other six). The bit with the German woman and the cop that came to town looking for her was just weird.

airik625 likes this.
  21. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

And I hate how they handled Whitey’s character at the end too.

clucky and airik625 like this.
  22. airik625

Yeah I definitely felt Whitey deserved a better death. But I guess they were trying to make a point about his tricks. As far as making the other women memorable, I just don’t think there was enough time to add back stories to more than a handful of the women of La Belle. Which does make you wonder why they spent any time at all on the German woman and the detective.

jkauf likes this.
  23. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I'm kinda surprised to come in here and see quite a bit of negativity. Maybe I'm easily entertained but I loved this. Sure some of them had "hero immunity" in the end battle scene but shit that's basically every action movie ever. I've seen that so many times that I'm more surprised when that doesn't happen.

airik625 likes this.
  24. I thought this wasn’t excellent. Maybe a little drawn out but I loved the entire series.

25. This was really damn good. It definitely felt lengthy, but I enjoyed just about every minute of it. Finale was really satisfying for me. Whitey being killed off so unceremoniously stung, though.

airik625 likes this.