Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

God of War (PS4) Video Game • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, May 1, 2018.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

the Muspelheim trial of killing 20 enemies without taking damage is driving me fucking crazy

2. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Oh boy. I hated that so much. I can't remember if I ever beat it or just gave up.

Shrek likes this.
  3. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

That just brought back some frustrating memories for me haha, that one took me a good (actually awful) 2 hrs. I was on the cusp of rage quiting the trials altogether when I finally managed to get the enemy patterns down

Shrek likes this.
  4. Shrek

there is a piece of the Traveler armor that deflects one hit and gives you a freebie but idk what the cooldown is like on it. prob gonna try that.

apparently in NG+ there is a 35 enemy version of it, nope nope and nope

5. Shrek

beat that damn trial and then murdered the Valkyrie on the other side. as soon as you beat it, you unlock the hard mode trials. i saw that, made sure i got the achievement for the Muspelheim trials, and promptly told it to fuck right off.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It's worth it for the armor and shit you can get

7. stars143

Trusted

I played this over the holidays. I beat the main journey, but haven't done all the side stuff... I'm not sure how crazy I want to be with reaching 100% completion.

8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I just started playing it this week and I'm loving it but I truly hate Atreus. I really wish I could turn off his audio for non-story elements of the game.

9. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Boy. I will say as annoying as he can be definitely upgrade his abilities he is very useful in combat.

10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I have, and I appreciate him in that sense. But I hate him in every other way. I just want him to stop screaming in my ear while I'm fighting/doing puzzles.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  11. williek311

What if I told you it can get worse lol

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  12. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Didn’t know this thread existed but this was the first game I played this year after years of not playing any games and holy shit, this is one of the best games I’ve ever played.

The Blades of Chaos sequence where you take a canoe down to your cabin and then fight an overwhelming number of enemies is pure art.

SpyKi and Gnarly Charlie like this.
  13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'm assuming you mean when Atreus learns he's a god? Because I've not hated a video game character quite like this ever.

14. williek311

Yes that is what I meant.

I Am Mick likes this.
  15. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I don't know how far off I am from the end of the game, but I truly hope he dies. I will be so happy if he dies.

flask likes this.
  16. williek311

Ehh he actually pays off

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

He wasn’t that bad for me? One of my favorite vg in a long time.

Shrek likes this.
  18. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

He was very useful and I really liked his progression in the story.

Shrek likes this.
  19. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I liked his story. I mean, he’s a kid who found out he’s a god, of course he’s gonna be annoying lol

SpyKi and Shrek like this.
  20. Shrek

kids who lose their moms young and are stuck with their emotionally impenetrable fathers as they climb a mountain of doom and are constantly being attacked by gods are uh probably justified in being annoying

Joe4th likes this.
  21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Beat it today, enjoyed it more than I expected. Beautiful and really satisfying. I didn't like the old games so I put this off for a while, glad I finally played it.

I maintain that Atreus is annoying as hell for the most of the game. When I'm working on a puzzle and he's yelling "Look at this! Over here! This is interesting!" and I finally stop to see what he's going on about, only for him to be commenting on the puzzle I'm working on...I wish I had the choice to just let him die. But we found an uneasy alliance towards the end.

I've beat 3 Valkyries, did one volcano trial, haven't done any of Nilfheim. Don't know how willing I am to suffer to fully complete it.

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah after I beat it I did a couple Valcano trials, and I think I beat two Valkyrie. Though was much more invested in the story, but I loved exploring in that game.