Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

God of War (PS4) Video Game • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, May 1, 2018.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This is the kind of rare game that comes out and just blows literally everyone away. Casual gamers can get through it while more hardcore gamers have optional challenges and increased difficulty modes to make the game feel more satisfying. It's crazy how near-universal its appeal is. That's how you know we have an all-time classic on our hands here.

Joe4th likes this.
  2. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Running it on my OG ps4 and it’s loud but perfectly stable, almost no frame rate drops in my 20 or so hours.

Shrek likes this.
  3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

may pick it up tonight then

Joe4th likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I had frame rate drops maybe six or seven times. The thing always sounded like it was on fire. Playing on discs stinks but I hate doing complete installs.

5. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

^That is a good point, I’m not playing on a disc, have it digital. Not sure if that would make a difference.

6. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I was playing on disc and my PS4 sounded fine.

GrantCloud likes this.
  7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Mine was unusually loud but the game played perfectly.

8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So without spoiling I’m assuming some point at the end of the game or shortly before the final destination I can explore everywhere I want? The game keeps expanding, and side quests keep popping up. I wanna 100% it

9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I don't think anything is ever locked away, even after you finish.

10. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Managed to get to the part where you get the blades without it being spoiled for me somehow, and it was a delight!!

SpyKi likes this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Which is crazy because so many publications and reviews spoil it early

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah not too happy Sterling featured it in his video without saying he was

13. flask

Trusted Supporter

PHOTO MODE

14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah I was super, super surprised he did that. It's not cool, because that surprise is easily the game's best reveal of all. I hate spoilers so much. I had already gotten to that point when the video came out but I would've been pissed.

15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah, and I had a feeling they would be in the game I mean they’re iconic to the franchise, but still I wanted to be surprised when I got them at how they looked at least.

16. kupe

Regular

This game is just stupid good

17. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

This game was great. Just beat it.

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Got the blades on Friday. Still taking my time. Doing a lot of favors, and exploring old areas. Killed my first Valkyrie, and mannnn was she tough. She was the witch’s Cave chamber. Went back to my home an opened that first hidden chamber you find then saved/quit before my next Valkyrie. Can’t wait to jump back in later.

Anthony_ and SpyKi like this.
  19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think the one at home may have been the toughest

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Lol fuck

21. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I know there was that one lore thing that had the eye of osiris, the omega symbol and then two others. What were the other two?

22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

24. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

There's a couple issues I have. One of which is that this game is just a small portion of a larger story. We don't know everything about Faye, we don't know everything about Freya and this was a very contained game. The sequel definitely will tell more backstory and we'll be able to see more of these characters as we go forward.

People complained the Dwarves got a more thought-out arc than Freya, but that makes sense considering how much you see them and how much they game is trying to withhold knowledge from you about Freya being Baldur's mother and how she used to be a valkyrie.

Speaking of withholding knowledge, the author of the Kotaku article says "Faye is the most mythological thing in this game about myths: a perfect parent," which just isn't true. At the end of the game when you go to the final land, you see the mural and you find out that she's been lying to Kratos and Atreus about who she really is the whole time and not only that she withheld information that Kratos is going to be killed by his son. How you can justify that as being a perfect parent is beyond me.

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Cleared my third hidden chamber.

About to return to the summit. How far am I?