Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Go Radio Returns

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Go Radio have confirmed on Facebook that they’re reuniting.

It is with great pleasure that we announce we’ve decided to make music again. After considerable conversation and diligent discussion, we started sharing ideas and working on songs. We are thrilled that our passion never subsided.

2. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

This is great news. I thought Close the Distance was criminally underrated. Was so excited for what that band was capable of after that record.

3. I have waited patiently for this day to come.

beachdude, Mr. Serotonin and K0ta like this.
  4. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

The day has come!

beachdude and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

K0ta likes this.
  6. Sherlock Mahomes

Regular Supporter

I love this news!

Really thought it would never happen because of the way it ended, but glad it did. Close the Distance was so good. Ready for new stuff.

7. 333 GANG

ACAB

Great news. This band rules.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  8. crowntownguy

I think I'm growing into someone you can trust

ahhhhhhh im so effing excited. wrote the og review for their EP on AP.net, still love almost everything this band has put out.

9. last I heard this dude was pushing anti-choice rhetoric, am i remembering correctly or was that someone else

10. SFguitar

Regular

This band's EP was great, but their two full lengths were very mediocre.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  11. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I don't know anything about the anti-choice stuff, but I wouldn't doubt it. He found god after Go Radio fell apart.

tyramail likes this.
  12. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Pumped. Loved the last record.

333 GANG likes this.
  13. Ben Lee likes this.
  14. My biggest apprehension here is that the conservative religious crap will bleed over into the music. This band was really important to me and if the new music sullies that I'd rather them just stay broken up.

crowntownguy, K0ta, beachdude and 6 others like this.
  15. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

I'm willing to parse this in a lawyerly fashion and wearily accept that Jason personally thinks abortion is wrong. A misguided opinion, to be sure, but so long as he doesn't shame women or advocate for legal restrictions on abortion, I'll swallow the bile in my throat.

16. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Loved this friggin band

17. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Mixed this band with Danger Radio for a minute and then got sad it wasn't actually DR.

tyramail likes this.
  18. That's more or less where I'm at. If for no other reason than if I actually had to stop listening to every band I love containing a man with a terrible opinion (as long as that opinion isn't actively harming people, such as it would be in the scenarios you mentioned), I'd have almost nothing left to listen to.

I wouldn't blame anyone for being too turned off by that to get into this band if they weren't already, but... I'm already here.

19. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Awesome. Will listen but hope it doesn't become Gospel-y.

20. totally reasonable! just remember seeing that a while ago and checking out but it’s all personal

21. brothemighty

Trusted

I still listen to Close the Distance

EDIT: But it sounds like I won't be checking out their new stuff

22. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Honestly...Jason fucking sucks.

Ben Lee likes this.
  23. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Kid can sing though.

24. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Will check it out, really liked their first EPs and first full length.