Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Glow (Netflix) TV Show • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

What sucks is I didn’t really see any of the promotion for it that the previous seasons got. If it wasn’t for this thread I wouldn’t have even known it was back.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. bodkins

Trusted

On a recent podcast episode, Maron talked about the show like he really felt like it was over. Whether he was trying to not get his hopes up or has a more concrete reason I don’t know.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. At least give it a movie so it can have a real ending

RyanPm40 and bodkins like this.
  4. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

They better not cancel this.

RyanPm40 and bodkins like this.
  5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

The thing is, we're very lucky to have gotten 3 seasons. Financially, Netflix was very on the fence about renewing due to low viewership. It's really the high praise from critics combined with it being created by Jenji Kohan that got it this far. And Netflix has really been pushing towards paying back their investors lately, so yeah, I think this might be done unfortunately. I definitely hope that is not the case with a cliff hanger like this. Already still angry about Santa Clarita.

6. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'd be fine with like a shortened six episode final season or something like that. Can't go out like that

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

so fucking good. man. i love this show

bodkins and RyanPm40 like this.
  8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Watched the whole new season today and this show just keeps getting better and better with every season. It's a true ensemble piece at this point, which I love. The camping episode was incredible, such amazing acting and writing. I didn't really like Ruth and Sam together last season but it started growing on me this year, which made that one episode even more sad lol. I also can't believe how genuinely fantastic of an actor Maron has become, he was so stiff in the first season of his show Maron but he's so good now

PLEASE give this one more season

ghostedaway likes this.
  9. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Was it just me or did the romance get left hanging? Felt like it wasn’t resolved at all. Maybe I just fell asleep lol but it ended and I was like: did I miss something ir was it just a loose end?

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Just a loose end, Sam lives in LA now and Ruth still lives in Vegas anyway

11. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

The dude that plays Bash is so good in that role

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  12. bodkins

Trusted

Betty Gilpin is on Maron’s podcast that dropped today.

13. clucky

Trusted Supporter

E6 (the camping trip) of this season was so good.

bodkins, figureitout and RyanPm40 like this.
  14. jorbjorb

7 rings

Halfway through season 2. What a great show.

15. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

wellllllll idk if im technically allowed to say this because I work at the WGA but if ya'll promise TO BE COOL I'm gunna say that the showrunners reached out to me to post the show on our site to start reading for season 4 writers even though it hasn't officially been picked up yet, so I'd say that that bodes pretty well for it not getting cancelled!

figureitout, clucky, tdlyon and 3 others like this.
  16. RyanPm40

Omg I hope you're right. This show might be the best original series Netflix has tbh. This, Russian Doll, and Dead to Me are probably my top shows they're still producing.

Well, I lied, there's also Stranger Things, too

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  17. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

you forgot bojack but yes

riotspray likes this.
  18. RyanPm40

Heh I tried an episode or two and didn't really care for it

19. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

takes a season, is worth it i promise.

riotspray and recall reality like this.
  20. clucky

Trusted Supporter

S3 was really really great. Kinda only feel like there is one season left in this thing though, and hope we get it. (if not through Netflix, maybe Pappa Haitch can bail us out and get Vince to put it on the network)

Arthie putting on the headband upside down when she first got it but then having it fixed later was a super adorable minor detail :blush:

21. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

just finished the third season last night. I really need there to be a fourth season. I loved it.

I ship Sam and Ruth, but I don't know if they'll end up back together. also, Bash crying in Debbie's arms before the Christmas Carol show was absolutely brutal.
    my only complaint about season three is that I feel like it went so quickly and so much happened for only 10 episodes. thinking about where it started in episode one and where it left off in the last episode is such a whirlwind. they paced it well, it's just wild for me to sit back and think about everything that happened.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm okay with this

23. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

tahnk GOD

24. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I was just so nervous opening this thread, lol

bodkins likes this.
  25. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious