Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Glow (Netflix) TV Show • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Anyone catch the actor who was the groom-to-be in the finale played Ham in The Sandlot?

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Just finished S2. Wow, I thought 1 was fantastic but this one was even better. The full ensemble is great (although Brie and Maron are still highlights and both deserved Emmy nods), and both the comedy and especially drama are really ramped up this season. The scene with Ruth in the hotel room filled me with such dread and I'm really glad about how it ended.

Debbie pissed me the fuck off in some of the later episodes but it was definitely intentional lol. I also really like Bash, and I'm glad they made him a seemingly really nice guy and not the sleazy scumbag they seemed to be setting him up as when he's first introduced in the first season.

This show is really really great, sorry this post is so disjointed lol

SpyKi and theagentcoma like this.
  3. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Wife and I are making our way through this. Will post more thoughts when we're finished, but for now I'll say that I forgot how much I like this show. So glad it's back on!

swboyd and SpyKi like this.
  4. Jake Gyllenhaal

I just realized the actress who plays Jenny (Ellen Wong) was Knives Chau in the Scott Pilgrim movie.

5. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I realized this during season one but the other day I was watching Scott Pilgrim and I was like I know I’ve seen Knives in something recently but I couldn’t remember what the hell it was until I started season 2

6. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Watched season 1 for the first time this week and all of season 2 today. Really enjoyed it. Some moments felt off, but in general there is some great character development going on here. I love Sam, Ruth, and Bash. Felt sorry for Bash and love his character except I felt him confessing his love and marrying the smart girl was very forced.. Oh I also skipped over all of episode 8 with all the mini skits. I really hope they make a season 3

7. RyanPm40 Jul 22, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 22, 2018)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I think it was supposed to feel forced. The show seems to hint at him being gay, and he's going through the trauma of losing his lover to AIDs, so he went and made this rash decision. I don't think he really loves her at all. And if Florian wasn't really Bash's lover, I still think that Bash made the rash decision due to him feeling so alone after the loss of a loved one.

irthesteve likes this.
  8. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

100%

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Season 2 was quite good, enjoyed more than the first

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

100%

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I feel like this season did a better job of fleshing out the characters, unfortunately because it's such a big ensemble some characters get more detail than others
    Justine is the best
    Bash being obsessed with The Great Muppet Caper was amazing

12. Jake Gyllenhaal

Renewed for season 3

riotspray, tdlyon, bodkins and 4 others like this.
  13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Expected but great to have confirmation

14. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Just caught up and finished season two. The characters are so much more fleshed out now which makes the show that much more enjoyable. Sam is one of the most interesting characters on the show, and even of all of the tv that I watch. My favorite line of his, and actually I think its my favorite of the show because it so perfectly describes his character is "I can't see her naked now that I know she's a person." Really great season from start to finish. Stoked for Vegas

riotspray, SpyKi and RyanPm40 like this.
  15. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

finished this all on a transcontinental flight. god damn it was fantastic. the coked up scene from debbie truly made me jump a bit and got a look from the person i was sitting next to lol

theagentcoma likes this.
  16. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Binged this in one night. Really solid show and idk if it's better or worse than season 1 (thought both were good) but all in all thumbs up. I think the standouts are...well... pretty much everyone.

Liberty belle to me is the best though. Such a great fleshed out interesting character. You hate her and feel for her and love her and to me the best is that when she's doing her wrestling character...its spot on.

Karma is also perfect in this. Love love love her.

And the hot take is I actually don't love brie in this. Maybe it's the character that I find to be kinda annoying and slightly one note...or the fact that I dont like zoya...idk. it's not bad...like, I like alison brie a lot...just not a home run in my eyes.

I loved the episode when we see a full episode on tv. That was much much needed.

theagentcoma likes this.
  17. tucah

not champ Prestigious

August 9th

18. great news

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. razorburn

Trusted

Can’t wait. Loved both seasons.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yesssss

21. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

22. bodkins

Trusted

Ready!

23. Jake Gyllenhaal

[​IMG]

24. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

for some reason I didn't even think they're be another season, this is great news

25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Super stoked. Kind of expecting it to be the last season since it's the third season of a Netflix show lol but hopefully I'm wrong

RyanPm40 likes this.