Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Glow (Netflix) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think she was my favorite arc of the series.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  2. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I won't mention it, but that twist at the end with her. Oh man. I laughed my ass off sooooo hard at that revelation.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah...i immediately had to google who she was, haha

4. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

That's probably my favorite part of the on-screen wrestling, haha

5. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Loved this so much

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Was able to catch the first episode last night and I'm completely on board.

7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Finished this tonight, this was absolutely incredible.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  9. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I really need more of this show ASAP.

Joe4th likes this.
  10. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Woah I've been putting off watching this cause I felt like I didn't have time to dedicate to this show, this being half as long as I thought changes things.

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Watched the first five today. Enjoyed the pilot a lot but I was fully onboard when Maron called a miscarriage a "womb goof"

12. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Wasn't expecting to enjoy this as much as I did.

13. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

Just finished. The last few eps were incredible.

14. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Carlito with an apple :)

This was pretty solid. Binged straight and I loved how much of an ensemble show this turned out to be. There were a few characters and parts of the show that felt unnecessary and I wanted to see much...much...much more wrestling but all in all good stuff.

A lot of the characters fluxed and were hard to grasp too. The director guy...like... what's his deal? For that matter, what were most of the characters deals. This was an odd mash of fake cartoony characters and real... I don't know if I cared for that...

Anytime they were doing stuff with wrestling I loved though

Brie was great though.

And again carlito with an Apple :)

15. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Wow!! I didn't realize that either. She looked familiar but I kinda just chalked it up to her being an actress I've seen here and there. That's awesome.

Obviously I want more cameos in future seasons

16. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Just finished this. I loved it. What a role for Marc Maron, he's so good at being a dick.

If anyone thought the characters were cartoony, watch the doc on the real GLOW girls, and you'll see how literal these interpretations were.

17. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

I'm really glad the episodes are the length they are. Where similar shows drag this was always just right and never taxing to get through. Really enjoyed it.

NewSurrender likes this.
  18. bodkins

Trusted

Loved it. Can't wait for season 2.

For those interested, Maron had Alison Brie and Betty Gilpin, and later Jenji Kohan on WTF recently. He's planning on having writers and a few others from the show on as well.

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm sooo happy how good this ended up being. Wasn't expecting to enjoy this nearly as much as I did. Really glad to see a great starring role for Alison Brie and her nailing it, she really deserves to be a star and she was awesome in this. Marc Maron has also become quite a good actor, a far cry from his mediocre performance in the early seasons of his show. He was pretty fantastic in a lot of scenes of this, though it definitely wasn't a huge stretch from him in real life lol

Really funny, genuinely interesting story, and thankfully short episodes. Very happy with this.

20. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

I was listening to Brie's first WTF appearance not too long ago and it more or less ends with the two of them having an exchange about them doing something together. Maron says he thinks she's going to be a star and she's like, yeah let's do it together! Glad it came to fruition.

bodkins likes this.
  21. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Man, I'm still working my way through this show but the scene with Maron and Brie in the abortion clinic was spectacular, hilarious and touching. Wasn't super sold on the show but that might have done it for me

22. Started off slow but really picked up and man it had me cracking up at times. Also being a big wrestling fan helped.

Without Marc Maron I don't think I'd enjoy it nearly as much though. Not a bad thing. Can't wait for season 2.

23. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I was already really enjoying this but the character introductions in episode 3 are killing me. So good.

24. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

For some reason I thought this had 13 episodes and now I am deflated after finishing episode 10 and finding out it doesn't.

25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

"Maybe when you give pleasure with mouth, you don't talk so much, say the wrong things."

"That's a thought."