Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Glenn Howerton Is Dead Serious About Being Funny

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Glenn Howerton, best known as Dennis on It’s Always Sunny…, but also very good in the new show A.P. Bio, was recently profiled by GQ:

You know what I think it is? [The characters are] an interesting parallel to what I think is wrong in society in general, which is, it’s the most extreme version of someone who is out only for themselves. In a weird way, here we are in a free market economy, in a democracy, you’re given permission to get whatever you can get, as long as you’re acting within the confines of the laws, you’re encouraged to. “Hey, if you can go make a billion dollars, go make a billion dollars.”

And that’s great in theory. But I do think it lends itself to a mindset like “Yeah, I stepped on a couple heads on my way, but I didn’t break any fucking laws. So fuck you. Fuck you.” And that doesn’t build communities, it doesn’t lead to happiness. And yet we still celebrate it.

This is a really great interview.

Stevangelion likes this.
  2. Ska Senanake

Trusted

All hail the golden god!

3. SundayDrive555

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

AP BIO is pretty good if you give it a chance. I hope he goes back and finishes out Always Sunny with everybody else though.

5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Really fucked how the thread title looks like "Glenn Howerton Is Dead" until you click on it and see the whole thing.

6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Almost had a heart attack with that title.

7. TheTagalongs

I have managed to misread it twice. Jesus Christ.

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I can imagine Glenn as Star-Lord and I like it.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  9. Stevangelion

We Can (Not) Make It Alone.

The implication… of this title.

10. rbf737

Regular

Yeah I definitely read that as Glenn Howerton is dead. Specifically I read it as Glen Hansard is dead and then... well basically I'm glad no one is dead.

Kingjohn_654 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  11. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

Woke bae doing God’s work here

12. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

whadda 5 star man

13. tshreve

Metalicca

Mom, Dad, Bart's dead!

suicidesaints likes this.