Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Glen Hansard Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ferrari333SP, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Anybody ever listen to Glen Hansard? One of the most impressive live voices in music; I've seen him live twice now, and was blown away each time. Got famous from the film "Once", released two albums as The Swell Season, and has now released two albums of his own, "Rhythm And Repose" and "Didn't He Ramble"

Some of my favorite tracks

2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Usually just thinking about his music is enough to make me cry

3. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Really love his work. The Frames were pretty great as well. But yeah his recent work is just amazing.

4. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

This is going to be so good

5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Would love to just sit down in a pub with Glen and a pint, and just have a chat

vidiviciveni likes this.
  6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I love his voice.

7. fastlife

Regular Supporter

Saw Glen play Carnegie Hall last night. Before going into his cover of "Astral Weeks" he talked about the one teacher who told him it was okay to quit school and go out and make music, and the teacher was in the audience. The guy got a huge round of applause and looked so touched and overwhelmed.

Then later Marketa showed up, Paul Muldoon read a poem, and John Sheahan of The Dubliners played a few songs. One of the best and most memorable shows I've been to.

vidiviciveni and Ferrari333SP like this.
  8. Ferrari333SP Sep 15, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 15, 2016)
    Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I've been to a lot of concerts in my life, but seeing Glen last fall was probably the best concert experience of my life. A huge voice full of passion, playing his heart out in all his songs. Crowd was fully receptive as well, completely enraptured with the music. Just a complete concert experience he delivers

vidiviciveni and fastlife like this.
  9. vidiviciveni

Trusted

My homie. The performance of When Your Mind's Made Up during their first studio recording in Once gives me shivers still.

fastlife likes this.
  10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter