Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gleemer - Down Through (May 2020?) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by slowheart, Mar 12, 2020.

1. zachmacD Aug 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 22, 2020)
    zachmacD

Trusted

Corey, the singer, was on the 100 words or less podcast recently. I wish they went more into the new album but it was pretty interesting. He said he’s pretty much said what he’s wanted to with Gleemer so he’s really focused on producing for the time period. I still hope that they tour when everything is back to normal

2. SamLevi11 Aug 24, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 24, 2020)
    SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Just listened to this band for the first time. I love this. This reminds me of a lot of what I fell in love with on Turnover's Peripheral Vision, but mixed with some other interesting influences.

My only slight issue is I sometimes find his voice a little too wispy and light, but overall I think it works for the most part.

zachmacD and peripheralvision like this.
  3. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

This is great

Seer, Believer was awesome as well. Thanks for the rec thread!

.K. likes this.
  4. zachmacD

Trusted

On Saturday, I caved and bought the most recent pressing of the vinyl from someone on eBay. I can’t wait to spin this on vinyl especially with fall approaching

Anthony_ and trevorshmevor like this.
  5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

liking this a lot. pretty great guitar tones

6. check out seer believer next! side project essentially

7. zachmacD

Trusted

I haven’t been able to get into any of the side projects, but Gleemer is probably my favorite recently discovered artist in a long time. I’ve heard multiple criticisms of the vocals, but the combination between the vocals and the guitar is what I love about this band.

8. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

Still listening to this frequently. I would love to own this on wax but I keep missing out on the vinyl represses.

zachmacD likes this.
  9. zachmacD

Trusted

Did they do the third pressing yet? Corey said another is coming

FloatThroughMe likes this.
  10. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

I don't believe so but I will keep my eyes peeled for that third pressing. Thanks!

zachmacD likes this.
  11. zachmacD

Trusted

No problem! I bought one off eBay then 3 days later he announced another pressing haha

12. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

That's frustrating haha. This record already has high eBay/Discogs prices so I'm glad there's another pressing coming.

zachmacD likes this.
  13. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Take came on shuffle the other day and I’ve been playing this album multiple times a day since

14. Been spinning it pretty often too, recently picked up a vinyl pressing and it honestly sounds incredible on the turntable. One of the better sounding records I own for sure

coleslawed, zachmacD and Chcurry182 like this.
  15. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

16. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

gleemer helped work on this record and uhhhhhh you can tell. anyone who likes down through will probably love this

17. Yeah that EP is real nice. One of the members of that band has her own solo EP too, which was also worked on by Corey from Gleemer. It’s one of my most played EPs of the year for sure

18. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

oh thats her? i love mofie lmao

19. Friendjamin

Regular Supporter

Pretty much my favorite EP of this year. I love it so much

20. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

[IMG]

21. Badtasteinmusic

Regular

MOFIE, Roseville, and Cody are all great. Thanks for the new finds!

22. jeremyxbolm

Touche Amore Verified

Corey Coffman is my latest guest on THE FIRST EVER PODCAST!

Episode Title: 79: Corey Coffman: Approved by The Fray

Episode Description:

This week Jeremy interviews Corey Coffman of the band Gleemer

Just ahead of a US Tour together - Jeremy and Corey break the ice talking Fort Collins, Johnny Tsunami pop punk, discovering music through video games, seeing Oasis at 14, the Line 6 spider amp, his first real band Fever Bird, talent shows, being judged by The Fray, mainstream indie, how he started his career as an audio engineer, moving to New York, how he starting writing Gleemer songs, Gold Flake Tapes, the first Gleemer tour, how they signed to Other Peoples Records, working with Will Yip, being a full time producer, and so much more!

For a bonus episode where Corey answers questions submitted by subscribers and so much more - SUBSCRIBE TO THE PATREON

Follow the show on INSTAGRAM and TWITTER

23. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Am I reading this correctly? New songs incoming?

coleslawed likes this.
  24. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

The few dates they played on Touché Amoré’s spring run were their first time playing any of the Down Through songs, but it was the only the first three. I imagine they’ll get to more of the album with a longer set

25. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

That’s what I was fearing lol. Ready for some new music