Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Glassjaw Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JM95, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Haha or worse, you could have neo Nazis coming up and high fiving you and complimenting your shirt

2. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

I honestly don't know which would be worse!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Idk if they never release anything ever again I'd be fine with it they've given up Worship & Tribute one of the Best Albums Ever Of All Time Forever In Eternity

4. I'd be fine if they didn't release anything new again, but don't announce a new album and release a single then go silent.

5. CoffeeEyes17

Just a monthly reminder that you should listen to W&T and all of the b-sides from those sessions.

The Number No Good Things Can Come Of is such a unique song for a post hardcore band to write

6. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Must've run all day. World premier!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  7. What are the b sides?

8. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

That's probably my favourite Glassjaw song

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  9. CoffeeEyes17

10. JM95

Trusted

It's all about the acoustic version of Midwestern Stylings.

Those lyrics, those vocals... man.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. CoffeeEyes17

It's one of mine for sure. Shows how versatile the band was for a post hardcore group. It's almost a lounge song with just the piano and drums. Then Oxycodone is borderline spoken word jazz and those drums are wild.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  12. CoffeeEyes17

Yeah it's so good and again shows how versatile the band was. I mean damn how many genres do they cover just on W&T alone

13. CoffeeEyes17

Also Decadence is genius idc what anyone says that's my hot take for the day

14. JM95

Trusted

IIIIIII jumped shiiiiiiiiiip to a burning soooooooooooooow!

In other news, it's now a year since New White Extremity was released.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. tomfrombrick

yup and no info at all on any kinda of new music release, bumemr

16. teel

Regular

Coincidentally Billy Rhymer was on 100 Words Or Less podcast was posted yesterday, and confirmed he did the drums for the new Glassjaw album ("should be out 2036" ha ha). Was offered to play their recent shows, but conflicted with DEP's schedule, but says its possible for him to at some point. About 40 min in: 100 Words Or Less: The Podcast

mattylikesfilms and noeljames like this.
  17. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Wanna really dig into this band, scared of getting into them and having to always anticipate them, Brand New and the Wrens.
    Do I completely write off the misogynistic album or are there salvageable moments there?

18. JM95

Trusted

I'm not getting into this argument again...

Just try it out and if you don't feel comfortable with it then leave it. The songs themselves (and the vocal performance in particular) are exceptional.

Kingjohn_654 and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  19. CoffeeEyes17

Do not listen to the above poster, it's super sexist and gross. Just ignore it. There's nothing salvageable in a misogynistic piece of art. Give Worship & Tribute or the EPs a spin.

20. Deathco_019

Drummer

Yeah this band's discography is really just Worship & Tribute and the two EPs they did back in 2011.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  21. So the drums are recorded? Step 1

22. christsizedshoes

Trusted

I certainly wouldn't let a few misogynistic lines prevent me from giving a record a fair shake - but irrespective of those lyrics, EYEWTKAS is a significantly weaker and less mature record than everything they released after it.

23. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I only listen to EYEWTKAS if I'm super angry. The lyrics are terrible. Darryl acknowledges this.

24. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Yea, worship and tribute is miles ahead of their first album. It's like comparing YFW to TDAGARIM

noeljames likes this.
  25. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I've never got into EYEWTKAS, and Glassjaw was pretty much my favorite band from like 2010 - 2012