Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Glassjaw Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JM95, Apr 3, 2016.

1. heartbeatsbrain

Regular

Honestly from the few new tracks Head Automatica played live, it sounded like they were going back to their first album's sounds.

More on topic, I was really hoping after New White Extremity, that glassjaw would be ramping things up, either with a tour or gradually releasing new music. So far, they're more merch store than anything else.

2. Didn't they play a few new songs during their recent tour with Coheed?

heartbeatsbrain likes this.
  3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah they have at least three new songs. I'm assuming there will be a surprise release by the end of the year. With a band like GJ I just don't think it's necessary for a full fledged album press build up. But who knows.

heartbeatsbrain likes this.
  4. heartbeatsbrain

Regular

That's true, I guess as a long time fan I was just hoping to have a few more full fledged singles out.

5. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I wouldn't be surprised if they never release an album.

kyle likes this.
  6. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

They did 2 or 3 in those sets. I caught an off-date from that tour with GJ headlining. They played 6 new songs!

7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Bring your old avatar back

8. Send me that avatar pic? Please!

9. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Lol. Pretty sure that's what got me banned on absolute punk. I made a tongue in cheek comment in a PNR thread. Someone reported my post (which wasn't even bad) and I got banned.

My current one? I've got it saved on my laptop.

10. Yes the one with the record and the glassjaw "g"

11. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i dunno, bands like this seem like they work in bursts. i feel like if we were getting anything it would have been in spring when they were active and touring. feels to me like that all burned out pretty quickly and we'll be waiting a while... again.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Hahah but you had that avatar forever. It should have been grandfathered in, and therefore couldn't fall under any guidelines.

13. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Yeah I don't think we'll get an new Glassjaw record this year. It's like a Crime In Stereo situation.

Kingjohn_654 and Letterbomb31 like this.
  14. Don't even get me going on CIS.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. teel

Regular

while nothing specific is really said about new glassjaw in the going off track podcast, he did mention that with the "loose plan of the next record" it made sense for glassjaw to do the coheed tour last feb.

16. Right, they announced the record before the tour. But that doesn't mean it's close to being complete.

17. atlas Sep 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 12, 2016)
    atlas

Trusted

Goddammit I wanted this album so bad this year

also I don't think it can be overstated how gorgeous a song "Daytona White" is

18. When did they release the single and "announce" a new album with information coming soon - February?

19. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

20. tomfrombrick

i believe NWE was released on 12/1/15. Justin and Melissa did an interview and he mentions about a "loose idea of an album" and how it can be difficult to get the band together with their busy schedules.

Justin & Melissa Beck

21. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

ya just go lissen to coloring book, its all good

22. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Daytona White is amazing, I love the drums during the "I can't breath without you" part.

aoftbsten and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  23. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Coloring Book and Our Color Green [Singles] are the bands best material imo

chewbacca110 and Letterbomb31 like this.
  24. It must be so hard to pull Daryl from one of his dozen half finished, barely functioning musical ventures.

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ouch