Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Glassjaw Band • Page 39

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JM95, Apr 3, 2016.

1. atlas

Trusted

MVP of these shows has low key been Chad, he really lays into the groove on these songs in a way that is not really as present on the album

2. cherrywaves

Trusted

I was watching him the whole night, his playing looks so effortless, and he adds a lot to the Silence songs in particular

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

man they absolutely killed it tonight. so fucking good.

4. atlas

Trusted

Really think they’re in the conversation for best live band in the genre rn

JM95 likes this.
  5. JM95

Trusted

What is their genre right now?

I'm really looking forward to seeing them in May. I last saw them in 2018 but they were hampered by really muddy sound.

6. helloiamzach

Regular

I can't believe the London dates are finally happening next week. To anyone who's went to a show so far and pre-ordered the vinyl, what was the process to you picking it up from the show?

7. JM95

Trusted

You going to both nights?

8. helloiamzach

Regular

Yep, both nights.

9. JM95

Trusted

Cool. I'm just doing the EYEWTKAS night. Think I've probably seen them play most of W&T whereas I think I've only Siberian Kiss off the other.

10. helloiamzach

Regular

EYEWTKAS is the night I'm most looking forward to for sure, but as they don't come to the UK often and I doubt they'll ever do album playthrough shows for these records again I decided to get a ticket for both. I can't wait.

JM95 likes this.
  11. Bane

The spiciest meme

Everyone goes to the merch table after the show and lines up, when it's your turn you just tell then your name and order number and they'll give you the vinyl

Oh and the vinyl line was separate from the other merch line, at least at my show

helloiamzach likes this.
  12. JM95

Trusted

Hadn't realised Loathe were supporting tonight. Hope I can catch at least some of their set.

RedDotRecording and coleslawed like this.
  13. kyle, mynamesgeneric, DeRRek and 2 others like this.
  14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I love it whenever Beck does an interview. The dude just has no filter.

15. robb

Regular

I forgot my rescheduled show is this Thursday. Oops, some schedule shuffling is needed.

I'd almost be tempted to skip it (3 hr round trip drive on a Thurs), but not for the two album show.

Plus, I might still be buying the vinyl since I have no clue if the reschedule screwed up inventory, if I even have it reserved, I also forgot how it all worked, etc. So I also might not be buying the vinyl.

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

kyle likes this.
  17. kyle Oct 24, 2022
    (Last edited: Oct 24, 2022)
    Beck mentioned that the original W/T songs had a lot of screaming, were those ever leaked/released? I wouldn’t change a thing about that album but would love to hear those.

18. Also, is there a release of W/T with Convectuoso as the closer?

19. mynamesgeneric

Regular

kyle likes this.
  20. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

IMS, Convetuoso was the closer on some early promo copies of the album. But it was removed before the actual release

21. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I love Convectuoso was so stoked they placed it that time I saw GJ

22. helloiamzach

Regular

I have some of the W&T pre-production demos on my old hard drive. I don't recall them having more screaming, but I've honestly not listened to them in a long time.

23. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Saw them last night. Thought they sounded great. Beck did some nice rearrangements from some of the ETYEWTKAS which were cool to hear. Overall, it was awesome to hear them play tracks like Radio Cambodia which I probably would never have seen them play before.

You can completely tell they like W&T as an album more though. The difference in energy on stage between the two sets was noticeable. Particularly from Daryl.

mynamesgeneric likes this.
  24. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Oh my god the Pomona show last night was incredible. Love what Beck did arrangement/style-wise to the EYWTKAS songs*. No song sounded empty at all. Sound was super tight and the crowd was singing along the entire night. It was super cool to finally be able to see some of my favorite songs from them that I’ve never seen able to see live before. Hell, I welled-up during Trailer Park Jesus. It was also super sick that they snuck in El Mark too.

Worship And Tribute is one of my all-time favorite albums (up there in the top 5). Getting to see it front-to-back was beyond special. Last night was truly a reminder why I love this band (I mean, not that I needed one, but still)

*Beck really loves dive-bombs, huh?

25. cherrywaves

Trusted

Couldn’t find the HA thread