Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Glassjaw Band • Page 37

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JM95, Apr 3, 2016.

1. helloiamzach

Regular

Not gonna lie, GJ break down my ability to make sensible financial choices every single time, so I bought tickets to both London dates and the plastic vinyl boxset monolith to pick up.

beachdude and Sean Murphy like this.
  2. robb

Regular

3 months later, I am holding strong in my "No way am I pissing away money on that box" principles.

But those principles will likely be gone come March, so I anticipate doing the Glassjaw Merch Pricing Swindle walk of shame to my car with the records.

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Still hate the lyrics on some of EYEWTKAS but I’m having a blast with it right now

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

When One Eight might be one of my favorite GJ cuts

5. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

Maybe not
    Why the stare?
    Would I lie about that which I am scared?
    What did I say to you?
    Step into
    A pot of gold
    Rejoice in fire
    That which soon burns cold
    What did I say to you?

6. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

truly contemptible lyrics but I would be a liar if I didn’t say it was my favorite. just too much sentimental value attached to it and the raw energy and production of it hits me on a very primal level. W&T is staggering but there are moments on it that border on grating to me. CB and OCG are probably my faves after EYEWTKAS and if you were to combine them (which I know wouldn’t really make much sense sonically) that would probably usurp EYEWTKAS for me. MC was a wonderful comeback record and it took their sound in some cool directions, but I’m not sure if I could rank it ahead of W&T so I guess it’s my least favorite by default. as much as I wish they were more prolific sometimes, they still have one of my favorite discographies.

JM95 and Cameron like this.
  7. atlas

Trusted

8. DeRRek

Trusted

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Helll yes

10. helloiamzach

Regular

Just realised I've accidentally bought tickets to see My Chemical Romance on the same date Glassjaw are playing EYEWTKAS in full in London. fml

DeRRek likes this.
  11. DeRRek

Trusted

I was lucky as I got standing tickets for MCR in Glasgow and I have tickets for both Glassjaw dates in London. However, MCR is two days after the W&T date. So thankful for that. Haha

12. jeremyxbolm

Touche Amore Verified

New Episode of THE FIRST EVER PODCAST w/ Daryl Palumbo is Available now!

EPISODE DESCRIPTION

This week Jeremy interviews Daryl Palumbo of GlassJAw

Speaking over the holiday break, Jeremy and Daryl talked Miami during the Holidays, Night Flight TV, Uncle Phil’s in Long Island and the album covers that made an impression, first concerts, his Father’s influence, correcting wikipedia on what Daryl’s first band was, the first show he played, the tale of the first GlassJAw recording, touring with Deftones, when Daryl and I met, recording with Don Fury, signing to Roadrunner, Head Automatica forming and the leak of their demos, Dan the Automator, vinyl packaging, and so much more!

For a bonus episode where Daryl answers questions submitted by subscribers:

Subscribe to the Patreon - JeremyBolm is creating A place to share and discover. | Patreon

Discuss this episode with Jeremy and other listeners:

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/thefirsteverpodcast

Twitter - https://www.twitter.com/thefirsteverpod

[​IMG]

coleslawed, beachdude, DeRRek and 3 others like this.
  13. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

Curious as I'm not a patron but did anyone ask Daryl if we will ever get the 3rd Head Auto album?

14. jeremyxbolm

Touche Amore Verified

its discussed in the patreon episode.

beachdude and DeRRek like this.
  15. sam_might_say Feb 25, 2022
    (Last edited: Feb 26, 2022)
    sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I’ve had no luck on the tour forum or Reddit, so I guess I’ll try here

I’m selling my tickets to GJ’s LA shows next week. I got one ticket for the EYWTKAS show the 2nd, and one ticket for the WxT show the 3rd. If anyone is interested please dm me. Really don’t want the tickets to go to waste

16. bdtfrontoffice

Couldn't agree more! Pretty much said the exact same words here.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  17. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

what was the answer?

18. cherrywaves

Trusted

I think the point is to support the patreon lol

19. cherrywaves

Trusted

Also the MA date gets Life of Agony and Incendiary, I’m so hyped

20. Ok this is random, but... Does this song's chorus remind anyone else of Head Automatica?

21. robb

Regular

[​IMG]

So if this Rosetta Stone of openers doesn't list one of the shows, should we assume there's no openers at all?

They're playing both albums in Denver, so it wouldn't shock me that they might have no opener (I'd very much prefer it, honestly), but didn't see any solid answers in FB comments.

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

man i totally forgot that this tour was happening this month. gonna try to watch the W&T show on the 26th.

23. atlas

Trusted

Hope everyone is ok. assuming Daryl had a Chron’s flare up