Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Glassjaw Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JM95, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Who are you, Daryl's manager? Settle down. Anyways, I was being facetious with the comment (difficult to tell via internet, I know).

2. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

not a gj album but ill never forget that we're still waiting on the "completed" head automatica album

3. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

And we're waiting for Color Film's debut album Living Arrangements... oh no wait now it's an EP called Text on Image... but that EP was announced over a year ago so I guess that's never coming out either

I'm starting to think that Daryl Palumbo is the music industry's biggest troll

kyle likes this.
  4. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

he hasn't released a full length album in 10 years lol

5. I feel like there are other projects he's announced and teased music to over the years, as well. House of Blow was something that comes to mind; I don't think they ever released anything other than a song or two.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  6. bedwettingcosmo

house of blow was so dope though, wish we got some more from that.

Kingjohn_654 and Letterbomb31 like this.
  7. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Text on image was released, but only on some European streaming service that I've never heard of. One of the guys on glassjaw.net uploaded a rip of it. It was underwhelming.

8. Kingjohn_654

I'd love to hear more Geometry tracks, that was a cool side project.

aoftbsten likes this.
  9. teel

Regular

Now, that Head Automatica tweet is much more warranted of being upset about. That is, if caring about a worthless side project is your thing. Also if you wanted to ignore the realities of a failed vanity band trying to release another album with major label bullshit in the way.

10. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

That's really strange. Why does weird stuff like this always happen with Daryl's projects? Is he incapable of getting on with record labels?

11. I don't think Head Automatica was a worthless side project.

Kingjohn_654 and Letterbomb31 like this.
  12. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

13. bedwettingcosmo

head automatica was good.

14. teel

Regular

first HA album is good, second did nothing for me but i guess fine for what it is. neither could have been very good business for warner, and likely a "failure" by major label standards, so i cant imagine they were eager to release another without sure thing hits. yet probably not worthless enough to let the band take the album elsewhere.

15. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Worship & Tribute

KennedyBN likes this.
  16. Oh man, I was hoping for some news or an update.

17. Kingjohn_654

I wish Warner wasn't keeping Swan Damage in purgatory.

18. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Beck and his wife were on the Going Of Track podcast, it's a fun listen.

19. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I'm sorry I'm the worst I'm just jamming to some W&T

20. I thought that was a weird listen.

21. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

yeah that project had so much potential. I still listen to those two tracks all the time.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  22. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

It was, haha. Especially beck saying "I hate my life" with regards to running merch direct every day and not seeming like he was kidding.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. Exactly. He doesn't sound like he's a happy guy. And his interactions with his wife were just...weird.

24. Kingjohn_654

I am listening now. I've always found Justin to be hilarious. Sometimes he comes across as pretty mean though.

He did say that the unconventional and slow way that bands like gj and brand new handle things is not by design but because guys in bands are very disconnected with things like deadlines and appointments.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  25. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

and their fans.