Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Glassjaw Band • Page 22

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JM95, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Worship
    Coloring Book
    OCG
    Material
    El Mark
    Silence

2. atlas

Trusted

Coloring Book
    W&T
    MC
    OCG
    El Mark
    EYEWTKAS

3. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Coloring Book EP
    Material Control
    Worship and Tribute
    Our Color Green EP
    El Mark EP

4. currytheword

Trusted

Our Color Green is literally the legendary Glassjaw songs no one thought would ever be released or see the light of day, and then boom one day they were on the internet. They're also fucking bangers so if you ranked it anywhere below 2nd place..

[​IMG]

beachdude, Cameron and flask like this.
  5. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I can't breathe without you

6. atlas

Trusted

i just listened to this while driving home late at night so it's fresh in my mind and emotions are high but i'm having difficulty thinking of any part in any song ever that i love more than this one

7. currytheword

Trusted

Material Control still going on regular rotations. Every time Shira starts my head can't not bang.

8. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Funny, when I saw this thread bumped I just realized I don't think I've listened to this since last December. Maybe January.

currytheword likes this.
  9. currytheword

Trusted

It's as good as ever. Enjoy your revisit!

beachdude and KidLightning like this.
  10. christsizedshoes

Trusted

MC is still amazing, espec the first half

currytheword and beachdude like this.
  11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Album still blows me away. All musicians going to 11.

currytheword and beachdude like this.
  12. atlas

Trusted

The last couple months are the most I've listened to this album since it came out. So fuckin good

currytheword likes this.
  13. red8ge

Regular

i'll have to give it another listen, i kind of forgot about it though i constantly bump coloring book/our color green

14. currytheword

Trusted

There’s certain tracks I return to more than others, but I still love it. Beck’s bass on this album is on astral level. I would love to see him play just one show on bass.

15. atlas

Trusted

Even though I sing it in the car literally all the damn time, I just realized that the first and second verses of Daytona White are mostly the same, bar a couple of words. I get lost in that song so easily. It's probably nobody's business but Daryl's but I always wonder what it's about

16. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i remember reading somewhere that daytona white was a type of heroin but idk anything about that. would make sense if the song is tied to themes of addiction. but yeah, its one of my all time favorite songs by them and every day that goes by without coloring book on streaming services, a little piece of me dies.

Kingjohn_654 and beachdude like this.
  17. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Speaking of Coloring Book - I just went through my email and saw that I emailed the tracks to a friend so I am going to re-download it and keep it forever because it's still my favorite thing gJ have done.

18. JM95

Trusted

Read this post earlier today and I'm now on about my tenth listen of Daytona White in the last few hours.

Kingjohn_654, beachdude and atlas like this.
  19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

20. atlas

Trusted

I'm just now getting around to this Beck podcast and I'm in tears laughing at him ranting about how they shouldn't have agreed to release MC through a label again

"We're dumb fucks. You watch the Discovery Channel, you've got that antelope goin up to the river, it's like *water drinking noises*, fuckin gator comes up, you're like 'ooooh shit FUCK THAAAAT' and it's like it's good, the antelope's good. And then antelope's like 'I'm fuckin thirsty' and goes back to the fuckin river. And I was like, you know, we're the dumb fuckin antelope"

21. Kingjohn_654 and kyle like this.
  22. JM95

Trusted

It's alright. The guy's clearly a big fan of Daryl's and trying not to come across too fanboy.

Kingjohn_654 and bradsonemanband like this.
  23. JM95

Trusted

That burning feeling...

red8ge likes this.