Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Glassjaw Band • Page 19

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JM95, Apr 3, 2016.

1. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

Same. I’m wondering if I should add the El Mark EP?

mescalineeyes and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  2. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Do it.

mescalineeyes and inwaves like this.
  3. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

I was huge Glassjaw fan back in the day when EYEWTAS and W&T came out, but they kind of just dropped off my radar over time. Never listened to Our Color Green or Coloring Book. I'm going to change that today.

Kingjohn_654 and aoftbsten like this.
  4. Kingjohn_654

Let us know what you think!
    Our Color Green is in the same vein as the two Glassjaw albums.
    Coloring Book is completely different from anything they've done

mescalineeyes likes this.
  5. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I can’t really listen to EYEWTKAS in full anymore, but it’s solely due to lyrics. Personally, on a musical and melodic level that album always clicked with me hardest for whatever reason. I can still listen to the title track tho, which was always my favorite on the record, so I guess there’s that. As it stands, the rest of their discography is still great, and I have a good feeling about this record... but I still wrestle with EYEWTKAS’s very existence. A lot of people (myself included) have said they’ve done enough to distance themselves from that record now, but if they still play Pretty Lush and (to maybe a slightly lesser extent) Siberian Kiss live with those lyrics... idk how true that is. :\

6. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

When I saw them they closed with Siberian Kiss

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  7. Kingjohn_654

They should just write new lyrics to those old songs.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  8. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

They should just discard that album, the only decent song is the title track, I remember playing it everyday when my spleen ruptured and I was laid up in the hospital.

9. Kingjohn_654

Standard procedure
    I serve no use for you

10. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Daryl definitely doesn’t repeat the lyrics exactly as they were. I even noticed changes in songs off Our Color Green.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Silence has some really solid musicianship and there was no one that sounded like them when it came out. That’s why it’s so monumental to many. The lyrics are really dated, and I agree could use a revamping. Though even if they don’t and probably won’t, everything that came after is what I love about them. El Mark ep included.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  12. Kingjohn_654

The guy is great at writing lyrics, he should write new ones for their first album and post them online so we can all sing them that way from now on.

carrytheweird likes this.
  13. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

Guys it took us 15 years to get a new album, let’s not have them stretch themselves too thin. ;)

carrytheweird and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  14. nohandstoholdonto

I watched a live vid of one of their sets from this year and he def still sang the Pretty Lush chorus, “whore” and all. It’s disappointing, and makes me never really wanna see them live again as long as they’re playing those particular songs. They could play the title-track, Her Middle Name Was Boom, and I guess When One Eight Becomes Two Zeroes, if they have to play stuff from that album. Not enough to make me stop listening to their other stuff or not be stoked on the new album, but yeah... I’ll probably never see them live again if they don’t ditch those songs.

15. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Both were great. I think I preferred OCG, but I can see CB growing on me with more listens. Looking forward to hearing Material Control

mescalineeyes and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  16. teel

Regular

Cult punks Glassjaw return: 'It was offensive. You don’t talk to a woman like that'

Glassjaw talk new album ‘Material Control,’ the soundtrack to our demise - Features - Alternative Press

carrytheweird likes this.
  17. nohandstoholdonto

Glad he’s owning up to it, I think he’s handling it really well tbh

18. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Somebody come along now and tell me how it’s not good enough.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

If there is one guitarist out there who I wish I could play like, it's for sure Beck.

chewbacca110, JM95 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  20. atlas

Trusted

wanna play more like Beck? Play drums. For real. I know he does and that internal rhythm is where he gets all his cool rhythmic, groovy riffs

Kingjohn_654 and aoftbsten like this.
  21. teel

Regular

22. Kingjohn_654

23. atlas

Trusted

Coloring Book is their best work

24. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

You are absolutely correct

25. bedwettingcosmo