Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Glassjaw Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JM95, Apr 3, 2016.

1. JM95

Trusted

Because they're one of the best bands on the planet and they're hopefully releasing a new record this year.

beachdude42 and bd007h like this.
  2. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Definitely on my most anticipated releases list for this year.

beachdude42 likes this.
  3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I like your guys' optimism in regards to a new album ;-)

4. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

One of my favorite music memories ever is driving down pch in Malibu during sunset with, "Must've Run All Day," blaring. Total euphoria.

wakaflockajamez likes this.
  5. JM95

Trusted

Well they've got six or so new songs they've been playing live and it does seem like they've got something planned.

GettingSodas and beachdude42 like this.
  6. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I wish they would give us some information already. It's still nuts to me that they haven't released an official full length since I was 12 years old

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

yes please!

I was at their VA Beach headlining date. It was so awesome. You can tell the crowd grew up with the band as it was mostly an older group than I usually see at shows. got to walk right up front to the stage after Silver Snakes and had a blast. I know I'm in at least one video that was circulating of the new material (which I liked but it's hard to judge it from a single show).

I'm at 1:37 in the far right bobbing my head/face just into the frame.

Got to be honest though, their new rhythm section doesn't seem nearly as tight as Durijiah and Manny. They were still great though... and I was disappointed that they didn't play ANYTHING from Coloring Book.

Def looking forward to a new album. Love gj forever.

8. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

True. It does seem like there's more solid signs of a new album than at any point in at least the last few years. But it wouldn't be the first time if nothing came of it.

9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I can't wait for what's coming next from them. "New White Extremity" is a jam.

10. The lack of news/updates on the new album is killing me.

11. I hope we're getting that album before the end of summer but who knows with these guys

12. I think I saw this on glassjaw.net but someone mentioned that maybe the album isn't finished and they're going to go back into the studio after their tour with Coheed.

13. JM95

Trusted

I'd be satisfied with it coming out before the end of the year tbh.

14. I NEED some damn info on the new album!!!

15. _unproductive

Regular

we'll never get info on an album

16. JM95

Trusted

I stand by this. I don't trust them to release it by the summer. I'd put up with waiting till the end of the year if it actually meant that we got a new album.

17. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Some of the GOATs of post hardcore

18. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I listened to their live apple store acoustic set earlier today. I love it. I wish they'd do more acoustic stuff.

I also listened to the full band version of "Losten". I'd kill for a studio version.

19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Such an awesome set. Love St. Alex. "The Number No Good Things Can Come Of" is great, but I would love to here a studio version of St. Alex.

Also, good to see you made it over to Chorus buddy!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  20. Kingjohn_654

Ditto man. I'm glad you didn't change your screen name.

Yeah St Alex is the best version. Do you have the Beat Scientific version of Number no Good things. .?

21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I never even heard of that version actually. I'll have to check it out.

22. Kingjohn_654

Beat Scientific is the artist name. Supposedly it's Daryl Palumbo and Brian Lane from Brand New. The only tracks are Midwestern Stylings and The Number No Good Things can come of. I downloaded it over a decade ago, so I only have it on my ipod video, but I'll see if I cam find it anywhere.

Edit: found it here. Not my link:
    The Umbrella Man: Daryl Palumbo - Beat Scientific

23. JM95

Trusted

Midwestern Stylings is such a good song

Kingjohn_654 and aoftbsten like this.
  24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Thanks! Those are pretty sweet. I really like that version of Midwestern Stylings, there's some bass lines and extra lyrics in there that add some cool new layers to the song.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. Kingjohn_654

Glassjaw.net is down! :(
    Just when things were heating up over there.
    Some of the guys moved over to glassjaw.info

There was lots of speculation around why the menu bar on the official site changed color. Were they juat fixing a bug or was it in preparation of something new?!

beachdude42 and GettingSodas like this.