Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Glassjaw - Material Control (December 1, 2017) Album • Page 72

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Horrorca

Trusted

that’s p cool!!

I really want to see Qsand too

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Denver date here I come!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

4. you're god damn right we'll see each other there! xoxo

i live just down the street from the venue, so you can totally come over to my place and we can pre-game before the show, if you want! haha

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  5. Quicksand is going to blow GJ out of the water every night. Calling it now.

6. Horrorca

Trusted

looking fwd to

7. cherrywaves

Trusted

Oh wow

8. $60 for ticket and poster, wtf.

9. On a site for one of the shows, it said tickets were $30.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. Yea, $35 on the venue site. Thanks.

Kingjohn_654 and bradsonemanband like this.
  11. Bane

The spiciest meme

Just nabbed 2 tickets for Brooklyn show

aoftbsten likes this.
  12. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Anyone have the vinyl yet? If so, comments on the sound quality? This was def my AOTY and I'm pondering putting down $30 for it, even though I'm not a huge vinyl guy.

13. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

I have it. Only gave one quick listen. Sounded fine.

christsizedshoes likes this.
  14. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

I can second this.

christsizedshoes likes this.
  15. DeRRek

Trusted

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  16. JM95

Trusted

Six months on and I'm loving this album more and more. I think I'd still just about take the other two full lengths over it but this lives with anything they've ever recorded. If someone told me this was their favourite Glassjaw record, I would totally understand. Which is insane given their previous heights.

The direction Daryl took with his vocals works so well for me. I may have said it before but it almost feels like he consciously made a decision to use his voice more as an additional instrument on this album rather than going for the front-and-centre type performances he has given previously. As a result, Beck's genius is even more pronounced than before.

I still think the second half drops off a little but it's not that pronounced. As a 'comeback' record, I really couldn't have asked for more.

DeRRek, Kingjohn_654, kyle and 3 others like this.
  17. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Yeeeeeeeep. This album slays in such a unique way in that it's heavy as shit but groovier than all hell.

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

you just described any lamb of god record

JM95 likes this.
  19. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

haven't listened to it since it came out. :(

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Pretty much agree with everything @JM95 said. I'd say it's slightly disappointing by Glassjaw standards, but when I break that down, all that means is it's not a classic. It's still a really good album. I'd say after "Pompeii" it loses me a bit, but there are no songs on here that I'd consider bad. I think "Shira" might be one of their very best.

21. Bane

The spiciest meme

I still 100% think this is a classic and will age with absolute grace, love the album

JM95 likes this.
  22. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Yeah, it's fantastic and absolutely holds its own among their discography. W&T is still tops, but only because it's longer and more complete - if they filled this one out a bit more with the same aesthetic I could've put it at #1 probably.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. I’m still digging this. Great comeback album.

24. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This is fine but I was also pretty disappointed

25. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I just had such high expectations because the EPs are by far my favorite thing the band has done. So basically echoing everything y’all are saying, great record, but falls a tad short by GJ standards