Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Glassjaw Go Track-by-Track

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Glassjaw did a track-by-track of their new album over at NPR:

When we were doing Worship And Tribute [the band’s second album, released in 2002], the label was like, “Yo, we need Chris Lord-Alge [engineer who’s worked on records by Prince, My Chemical Romance and Tina Turner] to mix this s***. This is your f****** hit.” We’re like, “All right, crazy guys, we’re cool with Alge mixing it. Whatever you guys want, spend the money.”

We walk in a room and I’m like, “Yo, gotta bring that bass up, man, bring the bass up.” He kind of just moves his hand just to shut me the f*** up. I’m like, “Yo, you gotta bring that bass up because that whole riff is the bass.” He goes, “Listen here, kid, let me guess: you’re the f****** bassist,” and I go, “Actually, d***head, I’m the f****** guitarist.” [Laughs.]

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Album slays. I've got a nice 2017 playlist going in Spotify of this album and 68's Two Parts Viper (probably my AOTY).

3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Judging from interviews, I can't tell if Beck is the realest motherfucker or just an asshole. He seems NY to the bone.

Matrial Control friggin' rips.

Kingjohn_654 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Met him once and from what I could tell? Just a very real motherfucker. Not rude at all.

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Album is a fucking beast.

6. campeondeluniverso

nah.

that description of Golgotha is spot on.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  7. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty Hell?

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Guessing that’s the original title.

9. K0ta Dec 4, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 4, 2017)
    K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

As someone from NY, and Long Island specifically - that's just how many of us talk. Very directly. And with lots of cursing. xD

What a cool interview, I really need to sit down and listen to this album.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  10. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

All their interviews have been hilarious and so (seemingly) candid.

Gotta dig more into this album.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

That's a tight article with some cool insights from the band. Also, loving the album so far, listened to it a few times these past few days, though I didn't seem to have time for heavy music now.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.