Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Glassjaw ‘Coloring Book’ EP Arrives on Vinyl

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Glassjaw’s Coloring Book EP has come to all streaming services and gets a unique vinyl pressing. The full press release can be found below.

Glassjaw released their beloved Coloring Book Extended Play on February 13, 2011. This past Saturday, February 13, 2021, to mark its ten-year anniversary, they made it available on streaming services for the first time. The EP, meant as a preview to their third LP which never came to fruition after the well-documented turmoil that came to a head with their label at the time, was initially given away exclusively on the band's tour in March 2011. It has since become an elusive artifact from Glassjaw's past, deeply embedded into the fanfare and mystery of the post-hardcore legend's history. 

Today's announcement/release comes with a new video from the EP for "Gold." Directed by Torey Champagne and originallyrecorded ten years ago, the video features the A-Team Step Group, who were New York's premiere step team at the time. The almost lost footage is spliced with more recent Glassjaw performances to the backdrop of an array of colors. 

Glassjaw, consistent trailblazers with innovative marketing and products, offered the Coloring Book EP vinyl package as different colored discs to construct a full 12-inch vinyl, each size made to be interchangeable to make as many as 120 different combinations of the same record. They've been sitting on a limited batch of those records and, as part of the ten-year anniversary, will be releasing them today - February 15.
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. tobytobes

Regular

So I really dig the variant concept, and I was ALMOST onboard on getting a few of them just to do it (if not try to be a maniac and collect all 120), but $35 for a 6 song EP not including shipping is just too steep IMO :(

3. snagged one

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

$35?

Was $45 with $11 shipping for me.

5. cherrywaves

Trusted

The way I justified it is that if I needed to sell it - god forbid - I know I'd be able to recoup for face value at bare minimum.

mynamesgeneric likes this.
  6. Chad Grauke

Just like every vinyl they release their site gets overloaded and shits the bed annnnnnd they're gone. See ya on the resell market.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  7. Ska Senanake

Trusted

John Lennon might be their best song. Also All Good Junkies. Such a good EP.

Kingjohn_654 and SuNDaYSTaR like this.
  8. JM95

Trusted

If only either of those songs were on there.

9. xburningcoffin

KC

It would be nice if this was actually still available

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

It went up about 12:15pm and lasted less than an hour I think. Hard to tell since there were so many variants that went out of stock at different rates.

11. thelonelywheel

I remember listening to Black Nurse for the first time while Chris Dudley of Underoath was driving us home from Uprise Fest. Finally I can listen to it MOOORE.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  12. johnnyminardi

Newbie Verified

Dammit, I missed this today!

13. helloiamzach

Regular

I think it's a higher than expected price due to the way it's made - 3 separate sized vinyl that come apart/together and are each different colours.

BradBradley likes this.
  14. BradBradley

Regular

Same.

15. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

What a cool way to do it - 3 separate pieces and 120 variants, wow. Though I'm not able to afford it for now, but looks great. Also, I love that material from them! and when it hit Spotify I actually realised I hadn't heard it in maybe like 2-3 years or even more.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  16. Ska Senanake

Trusted

LOL oooops. Got my EPs mixed up.

Kingjohn_654 and JM95 like this.
  17. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

I managed to grab one. Pricy but it's a unique piece.

Bartek T. likes this.