Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Glass (M. Night Shyamalan; January 18, 2019) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Apr 25, 2018.

1. I wish there was more confrontation between Dunn and Elijah. Because I'm not into the secret society twist, I could've done with less screen time/lines for Paulson in service of more for the other characters. Would've liked to have seen more for Casey too.

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

This was good. Not Unbreakable good, a bit clunky in execution, but I was into most of the major elements. The only story choice that bothered me was the Anya Taylor-Joy character's weird Stockholm syndrome. Well, and I guess Kevin as a character in general; mostly enjoyed James McAvoy acting his actor-est, but I don't regret skipping Split.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  3. abw123

Trusted

Thought it was pretty disappointing/hokey and didn't add much to the previous 2 movies.......felt like "more of the same" to me, plot-wise, for the most part. Was expecting more.....for sure.

McAvoy was great, especially the scenes with the flashing light where he has to switch character, genius

4. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

one of my favourite ever Shyamalan scenes, so good

5. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I haven't seen this yet, but I love what M. Night Shyamalan is doing with keeping the budgets low on his movies these days. Almost all of his movies put up pretty good numbers at the box office, so when he makes them in the $20 million range they are very, very successful.

6. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

yeah so I saw this again with a friend who hadn't seen it and honestly liked it even more. the fact that it's a small-budget film from a director with such a weird vision gives it license to do some things I never thought I'd see in a "superhero" movie. like how the second half fleshes out and empathises with the villains while the "hero" is basically left offscreen; the slow meandering pace and bizarre setting; how said hero just dies with no glamour in front of his son without accomplishing his stated goal in the film; the horror movie score and the way the movie looks. to that last point, jesus, I can get complaints about the script but I hope we can all agree the camerawork in this movie is fucking incredible

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

To be fair I'm sure the movies have a smaller budget because the studios are nervous about handing him over too much money and making another flop like After Earth or Lady in the Water. I bet he would love the bigger budget lol

Aaron Mook likes this.
  8. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I'm not trying to get argumentative, but I'm pretty sure Ive read that he's purposely keeping the budgets down so he can do what he wants. I also read that he's been self-financing, but that didn't sound as definitive .

Rowan5215 likes this.
  9. manoverboard365

Trusted

Oh wow I didn't know that. Also I was just looking at his recent budgets.....I can't believe Split only had a $9 million budget!

Rowan5215 and Dodger like this.
  10. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Whatever he’s doing. Keep it up

Serenity Now and Rowan5215 like this.
  11. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

As much as I hate having a secret society that hadn’t even been teased come in and kill all 3 main characters. I overall really enjoyed this. killing all the major characters is still a bad choice

iiiii623498 likes this.
  12. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Tried watching this over the weekend. Made it about 45 minutes in, woof. It was just...dull. Nothing about it was keeping me interested.
    Might still try and finish it tonight.

13. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, much of this is pretty dull. Some cool moments, but not a complete film.

14. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

If you haven’t been spoiled on it, uh, well...I mean I guess at least finish it because...aw man hahaha. Your mileage may vary but yeah watch through to the end.

15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I actually found the first 2/3 way more interesting than the end. That’s when it lost me a little. I still really enjoyed this overall.

16. Maverick

Trusted

Damn I was really looking forward to this and it let me down. Unbreakable used to be one of my favorite movies and Split was a top 5 film of that year and this.. was just lacking so much for me.

Camerawork choices were strange, the low budget definitely showed (“climactic” battle in the parking lot) mediocre acting (except james mcavoy of course) strange plotting, basic establishment of tone, score didn’t do much of anything for me.

Started out promising (Dunn bumping into “hedwig”) but after halfway through flaws started to show and that ending was just not good (Dunn beast showdown was a big let down, and they all just fucking die what the hell? Secret freaking society thrown in at the end too really??)

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Not to mention Willis is basically sleepwalking through every scene he's in

a nice person likes this.
  18. dash64

This is my design

Debating on whether to pick up the trilogy set today at Walmart or get the Glass steelbook at Target. I have Unbreakable and Split on digital but would ideally like to have all 3 movies physically and digitally. I'm not sure if the trilogy set comes with a digital copy of Glass.

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Serenity Now likes this.
  20. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I just saw this and loved how "real life" the super heroes & villains were in the film. Think that's why the low budget makes sense. I truly felt the final battle was something I could reasonably see in real life if supernatural humans were to exist and I think that was their goal. It's definitely not MCU or DCU and it's actively avoiding trying to be which I really enjoyed.

21. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I was underwhelmed by this movie initially. Really loved Unbreakable, thoroughly enjoyed Split. I should give this another chance now that it’s on HBO.

22. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I was in the same boat on unbreakable & split. Enjoyed this slightly less than the initial two, but would take this type of superhero movie over many of the other current options.

23. dlemert

Trusted

This is still one of my favorites of the year. While I still wished some of the execution of Glass was different, I'm enthralled by the little universe Shyamalan has created, and have nothing but respect for what he pulled off in the era of Marvel.

mattylikesfilms and aoftbsten like this.
  24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

eliza scanlen, thomasin mckenzie, aaron pierre, alex wolff, and vicky krieps. incredible lineup

Lucas27 likes this.
  25. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Pretty young cast, I wonder what M's got up his sleeve.