Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Glass (M. Night Shyamalan; January 18, 2019) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Apr 25, 2018.

1. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I meaaaaaan. I really liked it to be honest.

aoftbsten and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  2. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Thought it was pretty good actually! Definitely some silly plot points but man,, mcavoy just crushed it again.

3. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Some cheesy dialogue and Willis is wasted.

Seemed to be teasing certain twists and then not going there at all

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  4. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Also, the son was pretty bad acting wise.

5. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

this was something huh

6. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Yes. There’s a reason we haven’t seen that kid since 2000 (or at least I haven’t)

Rowan5215 and jkauf like this.
  7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Rewatched Unbreakable today, and thankfully it still held up for me. Plan on seeing this on discount Tuesday. Hoping I end up in that minority that likes it for what it is; wouldn't be my first unpopular opinion.

8. simonthebutler

Regular

I think I liked this.

9. DickyCullz

One thing I found really clumsy was Sarah Paulson telling Sam Jackson there were cameras ever where, then he goes visit McAvoy, she ‘sedates’ him the next morning and moves up the procedure (whatever that was meant to be) because she has seen him leave his cell. Later Sam Jackson kills the guard and picks up a glass object, cue flashback of him taking it from the machine and setting cameras to record and spinning around in his chair. Ummmm what M Night?

a nice person likes this.
  10. DickyCullz

Also seemed to me that M Night teased Anna Taylor Joy having super powers but then never explored that. It seemed she had some manipulation through touch and could get people to do what she wanted

11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Putting on Unbreakable now. Haven't seen it since it was in theaters.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  12. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

The REAL twist is: New Mutants is the sequel to GLASS!!!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  13. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

he's pretty good in Agents of SHIELD honestly, at least I enjoyed his performance. he's not a highlight of this movie by any means but it's pretty gratifying seeing him and Charlyne Woodard in the same roles so many years after Unbreakable

14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

So I thought this was pretty good. On a superficial level I didn't like the ending for certain characters, but the movie overall is decent, if not a little...clunky? disjointed? Not sure what the right word is.

15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Are you saying you are confused about what happened or just thought it was a 'dumb' explanation? I didn't think it was too bad of an explanation for how he pulled it off.

16. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I thought this was really good until the third act. It starts to fall apart there.

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Completely disagree. I thought he did great actually... he was also much more central to the story rather than Anya who was just wasted in the film. Why was she even in it? Also, I am pretty sure her story was explored more in the initial 3.5-hour assembly cut.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This film is seriously bizarre with some of the choices it went ahead with but at the end of the day? Really liked Glass and respect M Night for making the film HE wanted to make (he also self-financed this too just like The Visit and Split) vs the film most people were expecting. I don't agree with a lot of his choices but I respect it.

19. Might need a rewatch at some point down the line, but I enjoyed this. I was unsatisfied with David Dunn's arc, and the secret society twist feels a little silly. Still, I love where we end up by the end and found it emotionally satisfying. I'm glad Shyamalan got to make this.

20. aoftbsten Jan 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 22, 2019)
    aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I really liked this. The secret society aspect at end end lost me a little bit at the end, but pretty much everything until then had me hooked.

Again, while the end is pretty uneven, I loved that we were teased this typical Marvel-esque (even not so subtly calling the building a "True Marvel") and then got two dudes brawling in the parking lot.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Totally agree with the sentiments about Willis though. I would best describe his performance as "there" and "on-screen". Loved Jackson and McAvoy though.

mattylikesfilms and Zilla like this.
  22. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I totally understand the complaints and agree with a handful of them...but I loved this...a lot.

One of my favorite trilogies instantly. Thought it nailed what it was going for thematically. Loved the cinematography. Minus most of the CGI which stuck out I loved how the action was filmed. McAvoy was worth the price of admission. Surprisingly great comedy sprinkled in there with his character as well. Jackson was extraordinary.

23. This was very, very good at times, and very, very bad at others. So, it was definitely a Shyamalan film.

The flawed moments were glaring -- the secret society reveal was SO shoehorned and frustrating, some of the dialogue was beyond being on the nose, and yeah, the guy who played Bruce Willis's son was real bad -- but for the most part, I enjoyed the film and liked how he pulled these stories together. Just doesn't touch the level of Unbreakable, or really any of his first four major films.

jkauf and a nice person like this.
  24. manoverboard365

Trusted

I really enjoyed this. And unlike most people on here I actually thought the 3rd act really pulled me in.

My only criticism: 95% of the movie took place in the same building. I got so excited when they said they were gonna battle on top of that skyscraper, and then instead they just duked it out in the parking lot.

Rowan5215 and Dodger like this.
  25. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I actually really like how this movie set up a fireworks factory and never got there, really surprising and interesting choice