Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Glass Animals - How To Be A Human Being (August 26, 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by angel paste, May 16, 2016.

1. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Now I really want them to collab

2. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

nice avi

3. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I just decided to check this out on a whim after seeing all of the positive reactions in this thread, and this might be the best new album I've heard all summer. I am genuinely fascinated by it. The instrumentals kind of remind of Tame Impala's last, albeit a lot more chaotic. I'll definitely be returning to this a lot over the next week.

4. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

That buildup and release about 3/4 of the way through Cane Shuga is incredible

5. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Smh @ pitchfork for not including this in their 9 albums to listen to this week. I wish they were still an ok source for indie

6. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Need to check this out.

Subbin'.

7. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

this was even better on my second listen.

"mama's gun" and "cane shuga" are the early standouts but honestly this is very good front to back.

ComedownMachine likes this.
  8. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

"Agnes" has been on repeat a lot today. It's an incredible pop song.

9. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I keep trying to pick a favorite and haven't settled on one yet.

Side note: saw "Everybody Wants Some!" last night, and it was cool watching that right after this came out, because I feel like they both do similar things. They're a lot of fun, and do a good job of giving a glimpse of the story of a number of different characters.

angel paste likes this.
  10. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Anyone who likes this but hasn't listened to Zaba yet, get on that ASAP

11. ImAMetaphor

I just went on a walk to listen to this for the 2nd time and damn, this album is something else. Songs like Take A Slice, Cane Sugah and Season 2 are so strange and off-kilter that I almost have to ask myself whether I truly like them or not, even though I know I do (if that makes sense haha). But then tracks like Youth, The Other Side Of Paradise and Agnes are total earworms in a more straightforward, and conventional way. The way this band blends chaotic, bizarre, and kind of zany lyrics and melodies while maintaining their sense of restraint and cohesiveness is very intriguing to me. I can honestly see this being a top 5 album for me by the time December rolls around, and thats only after 2 playthroughs.

12. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

I don't know if I like Agnes yet, it's just so radio for them. even though it's really impressive they pulled it off I really don't want that to be the direction they go in because the stuff on zaba and the crazier stuff on this album are where this band really shines.

13. mad

I was right. Prestigious

RT

14. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Agnes is a pop song of the highest caliber, they just pull that sound off so well and I love it

15. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I really like "Agnes" as a kinda normal conclusion of all the craziness that happened before it. I don't want LP3 to be 11 "Agnes"es, but I really like it as a one off.

Letterbomb31 and Slangster like this.
  16. angel paste

they also pull off psychedelic magical jungle music really well and they're pretty much the only group doing that haha

17. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

oh hell yes to this

18. angel paste

Take A Slice is so spooky got some Halloween vibes.. how bout that shredding at the end though?

can we talk about the guitar in Poplar St or how it's Glass Animals take on a blues song?

19. angel paste

Other Side Of Paradise is so dope you guys don't let this thread die until it's everyones favorite album

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  20. ImAMetaphor

When that chorus hits... angelic. Thats probably one of the more straightforward tracks on the album but it might be my favorite.

angel paste likes this.
  21. angel paste

really need to buy this on vinyl... but I will probably just buy tickets to one of their new york show

22. angel paste

that song is the most JT to me haha

that bark right after premade sandwhiches into the song is so sick

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  23. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I've been entertaining myself at work by trying to figure out which songs are about which characters on the album cover

24. angel paste

Other Side Of Paradise is the basketball player I think
    we know the first three

25. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Been spinning Zaba since it came out in 2014, but man, they really swerved the sophomore slump and took shit to the next level on this one...

After 4-5 listens I'm already comfortable putting this in my top 5 for the year. It's interesting and a huge step in just about every facet of the music.