Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Girls (HBO) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Morrissey

Trusted

It is realistic in the fact that that is what happens in your twenties as you start to develop into different people, the only problem is that most of the characters in Girls have shown very little character growth.

truelovewaits and fronkensteen like this.
  2. fronkensteen

Trusted

Just because you aren't growing in the "right" direction doesn't mean you can't grow apart.

3. 5Stories

Regular

Can we just have a moment to appreciate the Elijah basketball scene :crylaugh: Must. Get Spin off.

Also, shocked Andrew Rannells who plays him is 38 (according to wikipedia).

mad and cubsml34 like this.
  4. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Wow good for him! And yes, a spinoff series is needed

5. marceting

Trusted

Intense episode last night - good acting all around

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yes!

glad that the whole Hannah and Adam ending up together thing was just a giant diversion

7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

^

8. Larry David

Incredible episode

9. polyfilla

who can never be sure

this episode had me SHOOK

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

pretty good episode, though I gotta admit that I found the dinner scene and the revelation to be kinda weird

11. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Aidy Bryant had more screen time in this episode than Zosia Mamet's overall screen time this season

mad, Seigfried and polyfilla like this.
  12. polyfilla

who can never be sure

agreed. wasn't sure about what happened until I watched the behind the scenes after the show

13. Larry David

You mean how sudden and unspoken it was?

14. irthesteve

Yeah that, like... I got what happened in the end, but it just seemed out of place and unreal to happen that way I guess, I dunno

15. Larry David

Yeah, I know what you mean. Like in a real situation there would have to be some sort of dialogue where they realized it.

16. Seigfried

FKA The Celibate

Just learned that Andrew Rannells is 38 and Alex Karpovsky is 41 and nothing in this world makes sense anymore

suicidesaints and polyfilla like this.
  17. Seigfried

FKA The Celibate

That Jessa scene was brutal

This episode was all over the place tbh. Like the super happy Ray plot doesn't fit at all next to these incredibly depressing/deflating realizations

18. Morrissey

Trusted

One of the better episodes of the entire show. The Ray storyline shows how often the show has neglected using New York storylines. It is very similar to the Charlie and Marnie episode from last season.

imthesheriff and Aregala like this.
  19. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Not really. I think the scene was perfect. They were pretending the entire time and they both realized it but didn't want to say it.

Aregala likes this.
  20. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Past two episodes have been great

imthesheriff likes this.
  21. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

This season has been pretty good and is making me mad that the last few have been awful.

cubsml34 likes this.
  22. Morrissey

Trusted

The "group meeting" seemed like it was going to be a trainwreck, but they did it as good as they could. The professor job came out of nowhere, though.

Aregala likes this.
  23. Seigfried

FKA The Celibate

Everything at Shosh's party was fantastic

Aregala likes this.
  24. irthesteve

Agree, the party was really well done. Next week's episode is gonna be so interesting/weird

Aregala likes this.
  25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

no one feels like they sort of ruined shosh's character? I feel like if that is the last time we see her that's a really odd goodbye. Also really feel like this ending feels sort of rushed, I mean they only had a few episodes to close it up but I would rather they had introduced the college job a little sooner as an option for Hannah.