Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Girls (HBO) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Adam doesn't even feel like the same character to me, anymore.

2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Agreed with the Adam/Jessa comments. They were my favorite part of last season, they just feel absurd now. Make the final 5 episodes entirely about Sosh

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Rough fucking episode for Hannah

4. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Adam and Jessa were on meth last week.

Also feeling a definite lack of shosh.

5. Morrissey

Trusted

Hannah living in New York on less than 24K a year is a Herculean feat.

6. Morrissey

Trusted

Also, why would they shoot the movie in the same apartment building as Hannah? That is complete nonsense.

suicidesaints likes this.
  7. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

The whole plot line is incredibly bad. Adam and Jessa got a script and crew and equipment and cast together in what seems like a couple of weeks at most, which is a Herculean effort.

truelovewaits and suicidesaints like this.
  8. Seigfried

FKA The Celibate

Like, what is the Adam/Jesse plot even moving towards here? I don't get why we should care about it in the greater scheme of the show.

Once again Shosh gets one fucking scene. Was Marmot just busy with some other project or something?

At least the Elijah scenes were fantastic. Though halfway through their fight I randomly remembered that he initially came into the show as Hannah's ex bf and it threw me for a loop

I need a vinyl pressing of that a capella cover of Semi-Charmed Life

imthesheriff likes this.
  9. 5Stories

Regular

Agree about the Adam and Jessa stuff is nonsense. Ray's friend seemed to have died yesterday and suddenly they're filming this?? And why exactly? Adam used to be my favourite character but maybe he should have been written out when he and Hannah split. It feels really forced that he still has a reason to be around.

Elijah's the best. I've always had a big thing for Elijah. If he ends up co-parenting with Hannah that would be cute. The Hannah/Elijah relationship is the last one I really care about on this show.

imthesheriff likes this.
  10. mad

I was right. Prestigious

So seems like they're setting up for a Hannah+Adam ending

11. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Also: I'm really hoping that last scene is actually how Hannah and Adam met

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

13. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Thought this episode was kind of weird, like all the scenes were forced or something. Everyone is having these very typical reactions to Hannah's pregnancy (with the exception of Elijah's last week, I liked his reaction and acceptance of it this week). Jessa's reaction in particular felt out of nowhere, why does she feel like she would be entitled to know? They haven't been friends for at least a year or so now.

14. mad

I was right. Prestigious

It's kind of been feeling like a more "conventional" show if that makes sense? Like a bit more predictable?

imthesheriff likes this.
  15. 5Stories

Regular

Hated the "Adam makes a film" subplot but I was so into the ending of the last episode. Also Elijah in the store was hilarious, god I love Elijah. And Desi is the worst, like what are they even doing with that character? So pointless and boring and he's never felt real.

imthesheriff likes this.
  16. Seigfried

FKA The Celibate

In the little interview thing after the episode Dunham said it's a more cartoonish version of an actual flashback scene she wrote years ago, and that they're going to consider it canon lol

SpyKi likes this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Loved this episode. What better way to make up for last week's misfire than to give Elijah his moment to shine

marceting and imthesheriff like this.
  18. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Agreed. Where the fuck is Shosh?

marceting likes this.
  19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I didn't even miss her!

20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Elijah and Shosh spinoff?

21. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Great episode. I love the role Elijah has this season

22. fronkensteen

Trusted

Elijah is great. I miss Ray :(

truelovewaits likes this.
  23. Morrissey

Trusted

It was a pretty good episode, but the lack of connection between the main characters is a weird element to the show that has only grown over time. You essentially have four different storylines since they see each other so little.

imthesheriff and truelovewaits like this.
  24. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Good observation

25. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I would like to see them all together more. They do kinda hate each other though.