Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Girls (HBO) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SpyKi, Mar 7, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

[​IMG]

Girls is an American television series that premiered on HBO on April 15, 2012. Created by and starring Lena Dunham, Girls is a comedy-drama following the lives of four young women living in New York City. The show's premise and major aspects of the main character were drawn from Dunham's own life

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This week's episode was all over the place, not sure how I feel about it all

3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I liked it.

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Anything that isn't Adam and Jessa sucks at this point

5. phaynes1

Regular

Didn't expect Charlie to be back.

6. phaynes1

Regular

Best episode of this show in a long time, maybe ever.

KGEich likes this.
  7. KGEich

Newbie Prestigious

Holy shit. That was an amazing episode. Best episode of the series IMO. I really, really enjoyed it.

phaynes1 likes this.
  8. KGEich

Newbie Prestigious

First time I can say that I've liked Marnie.

9. irthesteve

Really, really great episode

10. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I always say that Girls puts out one or two really stunning episodes per season and that makes it worth keeping up with. This week's might have been one of the best ever, right up there with One Man's Trash.

11. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Yep gonna agree that this week's was maybe the best episode ever.

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I didn't even know it was possible for this show to have one this great. Best in a looooooooooooooong ass time

13. fronkensteen

Trusted

I enjoyed the last episode more than the Marnie episode actually.

14. Morrissey

Trusted

You are consistently interesting with these views.

15. fronkensteen

Trusted

I just prefer the male characters WAY more than any of the females, so any time Ray or Adam is featured I like it more.

16. Morrissey

Trusted

The male characters are generally stronger on a show called Girls, strangely enough. Dunham is trying too hard to use the show to showcase herself despite her limitations as a performer; when she writes or steps back it is generally a better show because that is where her talents lie.

17. mirrorsandfevers

what is the vibe?

“I'm sorry, I've been a little too busy Yelping divorce lawyers to worry about the sex lives of our second-tier friends.”

18. alex

notgonz Prestigious

"Let's have one of our best episodes ever be followed by an episode of mostly Hannah and no Shosh"

19. KGEich

Newbie Prestigious

Tonight was interesting. Really enjoyed the ending. Hannah sucks tho lol

20. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Hannah was at her worst tonight.

21. irthesteve

My girlfriend was half watching tonight, she doesn't watch the show, but it didn't take long before asking if everyone hates Hannah

22. alex

notgonz Prestigious

You should've called her dumb for even entertaining the thought that people didn't. Assert yourself, steve.

23. irthesteve

god damn... you're right.

24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Hannah continues being the worst character on television. Wish they'd write her off completely and just have Dunham write/direct.

25. fronkensteen

Trusted

Another great episode and once again, Adam and Ray killed it. I liked Hector a lot, too. Hannah ended on an upswing in the car for me.