Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Girlpool / The Hotelier (2018) Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TJ Wells, Oct 24, 2017.

1. chris

Trusted Supporter

yeah I was at that show, I remember a lot of people leaving after Loone played

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

is it any different than hotelier taking out told slant and bellows? or Laura stevenson? or Alex napping?

It makes more sense with the band’s ethos

3. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

noisepop 2NITE

first time seeing Hotelier since 2016
    bummed i don't get to see Special Explosion, but Lemuria is on this date so that's cool too

cwhit likes this.
  4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Hoping the weather clears up so I can go to this tomorrow. Mainly cause I don't wanna deal with idiot Oregonians who can't handle snow

5. chris

Trusted Supporter

gotta work a different show tomorrow night so I'm driving up to catch this in Seattle on Saturday

6. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I’m confused by this. The weather is fine here and it’s supposed to rain (if anything) tomorrow.

Oregonians do suck at driving in the snow, I’ll give you that.

7. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I'm south of Portland, we still have snow here

Good to know Portland is thawed though!

TJ Wells likes this.
  8. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Excited for this show! Such a nice mixture of styles.

jjnunn118 likes this.
  9. AndrewSoup

show was fun, despite Christian being sick and not at 100%

they played End of Reel!!

10. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

HOw many songs did they play? It says their set is only thirty minutes :(

11. AndrewSoup

@TJ Wells
    yeah, it was fairly brief. since it was for the Noise Pop festival, i don't know if that played into it; they were one of 4 bands that night.

lemme see if i remember the order;
    Piano Player
    Your Deep Rest
    (interlude)
    Two Deliverances
    Settle The Scar
    Sun
    (interlude)
    Soft Animal
    An Introduction to the Album
    End of Reel

pretty sure that's right

can't wait for the inevitable tour later this year (fingers crossed) and hearing Christian at 100% again

12. chris

Trusted Supporter

End of Reel fuuuuuuuuuck I cant wait

AndrewSoup likes this.
  13. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

They played exactly this.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  14. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

They switched up sun and soft animal though.

Also Christian said they weren’t sick anymore but we still had to start intro for him

15. AndrewSoup

yeah, he wasn't able to do any shouty/yell-y parts at our date.

it was really funny during Intro; at the "I searched for a way out" line, when that's coming back in, someone in the crowd started too soon before Christian did and he just stopped and proceeded to fake out the crowd a few times before going into the next line, haha.
    we sung like 70% of that song (along with Chris)

16. Yesterday was a blast, all three bands killed it and the crowd stayed the whole time. On a related note, I realized how much I love The Hotelier last night and I really hope they have a new record coming later this year. It's been almost two years since Goodness!

Also, that setlist above is what they played, except for "Sun" and "Soft Animal" being switched.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  17. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

what did spex play???

18. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

They played six or seven songs, I think, crowd really dug them. Only thing I remember is that they closed with "Fire."

19. AndrewSoup

yeah, i don't really remember the order of sun/soft animal, it was most likely the same as others stated above.

i still REALLY fuckin wish Special Explosion was on my date. next time they're hitting the Bay is on that tour with American Pleasure Club or whatever their new dumbass name is and i don't wanna spend money towards that dude

20. Honestly don't remember everything they played, but they did play Fire and Skeletons. It was definitely only stuff from To Infinity. I just have a hard time remembering track names.