Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Girlpool / The Hotelier (2018) Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TJ Wells, Oct 24, 2017.

1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

2/7 - D.C.
    2/8 - Brooklyn
    2/9 - Boston
    2/10 - Philly
    2/20 - L.A.
    2/21 - San Fran
    2/23 - Portland
    2/24 - Seattle

Note: Can't confirm The Hotelier is opening all these dates, but they at least are in Portland. I'd assume the rest.

2. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

What is Girlpool like?

3. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

They're kind of dreamy indie folk/pop. Pleasant enough, but never really stuck for me.

4. chris

Trusted Supporter

Hotelier on LA, Portland, and Seattle. At least according to their tumblr

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

RIYL frankie cosmos and company. early 90s indie pop with a lot of harmonies

this song is amazing.

i'm only assuming the hotelier are on the west coast dates, but maybe they'll be on more after their headliner ends

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  6. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I dig Girlpool for sure. Wish The Hotelier was headlining this but eh.

8. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

9. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

ur right I left out a "very" ;)

(sry don't mind me being a grinch haha)

Fronnyfron and TJ Wells like this.
  10. cwhit

pfffff oh u
    :heart:
    hey i'd much rather the hotelier fans get into girlpool then most of the other bigger bands that would likely take hotelier out so

TJ Wells likes this.
  11. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

You had me at "RIYL: Frankie Cosmos"

Fronnyfron likes this.
  12. chris

Trusted Supporter

13. cwhit

hotelier isn't on the east coast dates. we got land of talk solo and forth wanderers

14. bennjeff

Regular

Any idea if there are more dates to be added to this? I know that Girlpool played here in Boise on their last tour and would love them to come back especially with The Hotelier but I won't count on it. Seems weird to me that Girlpool would be considered the headliner on this but obviously I don't really know.

15. cwhit

girlpool is significantly bigger than the hotelier

i think it's just a short east coast run, and then a short west coast run around noisepop.

16. bennjeff

Regular

hmm that girlpool is bigger is surprising to me, they seem like they have played comparably sized venues the times I've seen either of them with the hotelier selling out the show I saw them play, might have been a geographical thing though since that was in NC

17. cwhit

i know at least over here girlpool is playing venues like, 750-1200 cap while hotelier just sold out a 200 a few days before. in NYC girpool is playing an 1800 cap

18. cwhit

19. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I was kind of hoping it was just the two of them to maximize my Hotelier set, but FUCK this is good. Gonna have to get their early. Also, based on "Fire," Girlpool is starting to feel like the odd band out on this bill, lol.

20. cwhit

special explosion is an unreal good band if you haven't listened. album made my top 30 after like a week of listening

TJ Wells likes this.
  21. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Girlpool finally clicked for me but I gotta say I’m still expecting either the place to be half full until girlpool starts or lose a lot of people once the Hotelier finishes.

22. chris

Trusted Supporter

idk, I saw them at Mississippi Studios over the summer with snail mail and the place was packed

23. cwhit

yeah, girlpool is much bigger than the hotelier.

ughhhh i want to see special explosion i hate anyone going to this

24. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I’m more saying it’s just a weird pairing of bands.

25. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah when I saw the Hotelier at analog right after goodness came out they definitely didn’t sell it out.