Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Girl Band - The Talkies (September 27, 2019)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Mary V, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Out today and it RIPS

Girl_Band_The_Talkies_1290_1290.jpg

Tracklist:

01 Prolix
    02 Going Norway
    03 Shoulderblades
    04 Couch Combover
    05 Aibophobia
    06 Salmon of Knowledge
    07 Akineton
    08 Amygdala
    19 Caveat
    10 Laggard
    11 Prefab Castle
    12 Ereignis

I still don't like that a bunch of white cis dudes called their band Girl Band but it wasn't their intention to upset, from their bassist Daniel Fox:

"At the time of coming up with it, we didn’t really think about that kind of aspect of it and it was upsetting to have someone think that about you. I can see where people would be coming from but they are kind of inherently misunderstanding—I think if you met us as people you’d understand where it's coming from. It isn't a super ironic thing plus we are probably the least macho people, ever. Some people probably think we are taking the piss out of girls, which we are very much against. It was like “Look. We’re really against what you think where we’re coming from.” I’d really hate to think that we put any women off, or any people off. But you could only do what you do and if people choose to get offended, whether they are men or women, they are entitled to feel the way they feel about it."

lettersandnumbers likes this.
  2. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Solid

3. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

amazing fucking band

4. Nick Sep 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 29, 2019)
    Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Came to make this thread buy ya beat me. Fantastic band. Only have one listen of this so far. I'm just so happy Dara is ok and they're back.

Enjoyed the p4k review of it. Best Irish band of the last while I'd say. I always wonder what people think when they're signing about some very ireland specific stuff. I laughed when I heard Dutch Gold on Shoulderblades

Mary V likes this.
  5. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

great album

Couch Combover is probably my favorite track

6. MathiasGeleyn

Regular

Had my first listen today and I liked it. Curious to see how much it will grow on me during the next weeks.
    Also revisited Holding Hands With Jamie. Still a great experience!

7. PauLo

43% Burnt

A year late to the party, but this is fucking great.

Also noticed that they did a cover of Blawan track about 5 years ago and it’s so god damn good. Wasn’t expecting it when I heard it, thought I was hearing things. You don’t hear noise rock bands covering modern techno all that much these days haha

8. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

still such a stupid name but yea this band for sure rips

9. Dog Fish

Mutt

Gotta change that thread name