Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ginny & Georgia (Netflix)

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, Feb 26, 2021.

1. stayillogical Feb 26, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 27, 2021)
    stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

This is great. There's a lot going on, but it's so much fun. The actress playing the mom just oozes charm. I'm only halfway through but I'm obsessed. It's being compared with Gilmore Girls but it reminds me more of Dead To Me. Surprisingly dark show. Binge with me!

2. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Ooo saw this the other day and thought it looked interesting. Haven’t heard anything about else about it.

3. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Started this yesterday. Definitely a ton of stuff going on but I’m mostly enjoying it

4. stayillogical

Excellent scene in episode 8 with two biracial characters arguing over who is oppressed more.

5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

very interesting to see this considering this scene has been plucked partially and out of context and is making the rounds on Twitter as why you shouldn’t watch the show

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

lol

upload_2021-3-1_14-18-11.png

SpyKi likes this.
  8. MattNCheeze

Trusted

am i about to watch a netflix show just to spite taylor swift

yes

stayillogical likes this.
  9. stayillogical

It's kind of annoying everyone is watching the scene with no context. The argument starts before that clip begins too, it's awful how it ends with them throwing stereotypes at each other but there was a build up to it. Of course it seems awkward when you watch the worst part as a stand alone scene. But for a little background, the teacher is nice to the Asian kid because he's quiet and follows the rules, but the Black girl is outspoken about her opinions and is constantly deemed a troublemaker. Asian boyfriend tells her she should just follow the rules and stop causing drama, hence the argument. And yeah, there's a cringe factor to it, but that's the point, they're teenagers.

Garrett likes this.