Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gilmore Girls TV Show • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by TheWater(s), Apr 13, 2016.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I honestly thought that whole thing was a dream sequence for the longest time. The damn crow in the tree started talking wtf

Kiana likes this.
  2. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

I had the same thought regarding how she is supposedly so broke, but able to fly all around the world at the drop of a hat. Who is paying for these flights?

3. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Probably Logan since she was always flying to London to see him. I agree that this aspect of her character was done really bad though.

4. My sister said basically exactly this to me via text earlier today. She hated this whole thing and she's the biggest GG fan I've ever seen, haha. I had to check in this thread to see what other people were saying.

Davjs and Kiana like this.
  5. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

Still hate the Stars Hollow musical and the what in the actual fuck LDB sequence and wish that was struck out.

6. theagentcoma

Same, what the hell. Logan and the White Privilege Brigade and that stupid musical where they just shoehorned in as many Hamilton references as they could...such awful filler

Nyquist likes this.
  7. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Just picked up Talking As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham. Pretty excited to dive into it. Anyone here read it?

8. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Doing another run through of the og series. I forgot how smart this show was right off the fucking bat

9. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I was rewatching this at one point during the summer & fell off towards the end of season 3. This thread’s reminding me to jump back in for some more, especially Gilmore Girls & fall is such a good pairing.

10. theagentcoma

I'm just waiting for the inevitable yearly run through this show my wife always does

11. Importer/Exporter Jan 27, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 27, 2021)
    Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Just watched through for the second time, this was the first time i watched season 7. I’d avoided it because my wife/others had always told me it was awful. I thought i felt a lot like the rest of the show, and was overall pretty good!

also, utterly insane how they landed on Rory getting a job on the Obama campaign. If my timeline is correct, this was filmed in like 2006/early 2007, aired in May 2007. Obama was no where near a favorite at that time, definitely a long shot. This was probably the first time a bunch of people probably had never heard of him before his name popped up on this show.

theagentcoma likes this.
  12. theagentcoma

Of course this thread gets bumped the day my wife began her annual rewatch lol

13. Just wrapped a series rewatch - might skip AYITL

Never got around to Parenthood but I think I finally miss Lauren Graham enough to deal with Dax Shepard

14. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Parenthood was good imo! Haven't watched it in forever but it's a cute show

youll be fine likes this.
  15. theagentcoma

ugh my wife will literally return to this show when she has nothing better to watch. she finished it again, went on to Parenthood and a This is Us rewatch, then came back to this again way before she usually starts another rewatch. It's only been a few months!!!!

St. Nate likes this.
  16. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Honestly Parenthood is the perfect Dax project. He’s the goofy one but has a few serious beats along the way and he’s never too annoying

trevorshmevor likes this.
  17. falafelmywaffle

Without music, life would be a mistake. Supporter

Finally finished GG tonight after 5 months of watching, what a ride it’s been!

18. theagentcoma

dean or jess or logan

youll be fine likes this.
  19. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

A few stellar scenes from Lauren and Kelly but you can prob skip the reboot

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. theagentcoma

you can absolutely skip the reboot, it makes everyone look worse except Emily

21. Importer/Exporter

Each reboot episode had some things i liked, but also some baffling decisions. Totally skippable.

youll be fine and theagentcoma like this.
  22. theagentcoma

the whole 'Life and Death Brigade' portion of I think it was the Fall episode was just terrible

kelseyleigh and trevorshmevor like this.
  23. scottlechowicz Apr 29, 2024
    (Last edited: Apr 29, 2024)
    scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Amy Sherman Palladino signed that letter against Jonathan Glazer. So, that might also help influence whether anyone wants to watch this reboot.

24. Importer/Exporter

The worst, most embarrassing thing of the show imo. It’s like if the dumb hat ASP always wears was a scene of television.

theagentcoma and youll be fine like this.
  25. Importer/Exporter

Oh damn really. That sucks. Screw her and her dumb hats especially then.

Aaron Mook and theagentcoma like this.