Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gilmore Girls TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by TheWater(s), Apr 13, 2016.

1. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Apparently there is a possibility they could do more, but it's a wait and see for now.

Will More 'Gilmore Girls' Episodes Come to Netflix?

2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Emily's arc was perfect, Lorelai's was meh, and Rory's was awful.

Liz and Davjs like this.
  3. Davjs

Trusted

That should be the description on Netflix ☺

theagentcoma likes this.
  4. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

The last scene of Emily with the DAR was the best.

Liz and theagentcoma like this.
  5. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

I still don't believe Emily would let so many strangers all over her furniture for that long. I thought they would be gone midway through.

Also...would there need to another season because it'll just be Lorelei Prt 2 with you know who has the dad and you know who as Luke.

6. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Yes there would. I need it.

7. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Rory is 32. Just no. No. I hated a lot of this series. But I loved a lot. God damnit.

Miss Heartcore likes this.
  8. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

The revival was, like, 30% excellent, 40% pretty alright, 15% middling and 15% dreadful.

It made me rewatch the s6 episode with the Yo La Tengo cameo, though.

9. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Emily Gilmore constantly gave me life in the revival.

tucah, theagentcoma and Aj LaGambina like this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

11. Miss Heartcore

agreed on both accounts.

I have my complaints, but I feel stunned if there's no plan to follow it up and leave us forever finishing it in our heads. Like Veronica Mars Season 3 finale....thankfully we had the movie.

12. Nyquist Dec 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 2, 2016)
    Nyquist

Sat through this with my wife. Hated quite a lot of it, but I was fine with the ending though god I hate it when shows go full meta in the end and then beat you over the head with it. "Get rid of "The". Just Gilmore Girls."

OKAY I GET IT.

Now.

Where is my Everwood revival I will absolutely never get?

Davjs likes this.
  13. Miss Heartcore

god how weird would it be to see Chris Pratt back (did he survive the series? I stopped watching after season 1)

14. Nyquist

He did! Stayed the whole way through. Became Ephram's best friend and dated nerdy conservative girl, Hannah. It was great. I remember reading once about Greg Berlanti's plan for one more season of the show and how he would have ended it. I am still disappointed we never got that ending.

15. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I JUST FINISHED THE REVIVAL TONIGHT AND IT WAS SO BORING THAT A PART OF ME DIED. Kirk is fine in small doses but I swear he was in this more than some of the mains. Also Rory is terrible at the job she went to school for. Falling asleep during an interview, unprepared meeting the boss at the job she thought she had in the bag, sleeping with a wookie??? wtf. I did like the last ep. I was kinda disappointed in Jess' lingering look towards the end tho cause I thought it was really cute and nice seeing them as supportive friends and even tho I was a Jess/Rory stan in the og days I was really content with just that.

16. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Dont u dare

Aj LaGambina likes this.
  17. Kiana

I am paranoid the show would find a way to ruin them if they got together. and I never thought I'd say it but I think Jess deserves better lol? This isn't the first time Rory has been an accessory to cheating and with all Jess' growth and stuff I'm like run awaaaaaay Jess

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  18. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Yeah you right he does deserve better lol but I think with him she actually would grow up more and he'd balance her out njcely

19. Kiana

Jess does seem to ground her which is good, but he can do that as a friend! And him being related to Luke who is married to Lorelai creeps me out lol. I think it'd be nice if they could be exes who grew and became really good supportive friends. I wouldn't complain too hard if they dated but I was totally content with their cute friendship!

20. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Did Rory not learn/do anything in ten years? They mention the New Yorker piece repeatedly but say nothing about her work on the Obama campaign or anything else. She seems to have gone completely backwards, and that's not mentioning her sleeping with Logan while each of them have SO's

21. Kiana

Yeah I thought Rory's arc would work better for someone who had just graduated college and is jaded about the job market but I'm like sis it has been 10 years like what are you doing????? Has she really been floating around for all these years coasting off a few freelance pieces? She has SO many connections that she should have a zillion opportunities but she is too proud to accept them sometimes but then she's also too good for some things that she's offered and doesn't take them either?? Like sis ur doing nepotism wrong. She's a terrible journalist but I feel like it shouldn't have taken her 10 years to figure that out. And like Lorelai talking about having kids rang odd to me too. It all seemed like things that should have taken place earlier.

22. Nyquist

I think the worst part of it for me was the secret society boys who showed up in the Fall episode and made me want to put my foot through the screen. They start breaking into businesses (making a mess while leaving oodles of cash behind as if that's supposed to justify what they're doing), vandalizing property while they obnoxiously parade about the town and then buy out a secret dance club (as well as a bed and breakfast) or some shit and I'm sitting there thinking wait am I still supposed to be sympathizing with Rory if not relating to her situation? Because fuck these people. Goddamn this show is white.

theagentcoma likes this.
  23. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I need u to put respek on the Life and Death Brigade's name

24. Kiana

My fave part of the revival was when Rory was like "My license is expired!" and then like the next scene they showed her driving. like .... did I miss something and some other type of license expired?? Also her saying she couldn't afford underwear like sis.... really now u know Aerie has 10 pairs for $35 and u gotta trust fund

Nyquist likes this.
  25. Nyquist

The Gilmore Girls all come full circle in “Fall”

Ah yes. There we are.